Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 14 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,292 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Exciting stuff again in the 12:30 slot.

Ward has a save point (he's the keeper on your bench/the keeper you had the first 5 weeks)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

In fairness it's been a good match from a spectator POV

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

KDB (Grealish)

Great freekick

• Registered Users Posts: 8,624 ✭✭✭shmeee

Was just coming on to praise Ward.... Ah well! Can't stop that one.

Could do with Foden coming on to be honest now.

• Advertisement

It was ominous. I know his goal was a dead-ball, but he's been brilliant anyway

Timelamns nearly with a worldie

I mean it's been ok but city games are generally extremely boring and one sided, I can respect what they do but in terms of excitement they don't offer much.

They feel less ominous without haaland tbf but its rare I'd watch a full game of there's outside of a big game, peps low varience, efficient football is boring to watch.

When you have all the money in the world you should have a bit more style :)

Little bit harsh I think even on City!

Created a few good chances and have been encouraging on the ball. Leicester giving a decent account of themselves too I think (to an extent)

Ya probably a bit harsh, they just do what they do so well, Lesser teams get the odd chances against then but never even get a couple of minutes dominance, like in the Liverpool City years of dominance both teams extremely good but Liverpool games were always more entertaining for me.

Haaland has added interest in watching them, but this sterlie surgical football when they get a goal ahead is painfull.

• Advertisement

Foden subbed on for Alvarez (who didn't see much ball at all and likely not near a choice for FPL if Haaland was ever long-term out)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭bantee

Yeah Foden if you could do something that would be great

Doherty, Dier and Persic all on bench for Spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭COH

Why do I own Chilwell & Perisic ... fml

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Cherries XI: Travers, Zemura, Mepham, Senesi, A Smith, Lerma, Cook, Tavernier, Billing, Moore, Solanke.

Spurs XI: Lloris, Sanchez, Lenglet, Davies, Royal, Skipp, Hojbjerg, Bissouma, Sessegnon, Son, Kane.

Brighton XI: Sanchez, Estupinan, Dunk, Webster, March, Mac Allister, Caicedo, Trossard, Gross, Mitoma, Lallana.

Subs: Steele, Lamptey, Sarmiento, Enciso, Undav, Gilmour, Turns, Furlong, Moran.

Chelsea XI: Arrizabalaga, Chalobah, Thiago Silva, Cucurella, Pulisic, Gallagher, Mount, Kovacic, Sterling, Loftus-Cheek, Havertz.

Subs: Mendy, Jorginho, Aubameyang, Broja, Zakaria, Chilwell, Ziyech, Azpilicueta, Hutchinson.

Newcastle XI: Pope, Trippier, Schar, Botman, Burn, Longstaff, Guimaraes, Willock, Almiron, Joelinton, Wilson.

Subs: Karius, Lascelles, Shelvey, Saint-Maximin, Targett, Manquillo, Wood, Fraser, Murphy.

Aston Villa XI: Martinez, Cash, Konsa, Mings, Young, Dendoncker, Luiz, Watkins, Buendia, Bailey, Ings.

Subs: Olsen, McGinn, Sanson, Chambers, Bednarek, Coutinho, Digne, Archer, Ramsey.

Brentford starting lineup: Raya, Henry, Ajer, Mee, Pinnock, Jensen, Dasilva, Wissa, Mbuemo, Janelt, Toney.

Subs Cox, Canos, Zanka, Ghoddos, Onyeka, Lewis-Potter, Damsgaard, Roseslev, Yarmoliuk.

Wolves starting lineup: Sa, Collins, B Traore, Neves, Podence, Semedo, Kilman, Nunes, Diego Costa, A Traore, Bueno.

Subs Sarkic, Alt-Nouri, Hee-Chan, Mosquero, Guedes, Jonny, Joao Moutinho, Hodge, Campbell.

Palace XI: Guaita; Ward, Andersen, Guehi, Mitchell; Milivojevic; Zaha, Eze, Schlupp, Olise; Edouard

Southampton XI: Bazunu; Lyanco, Caleta-Car, Salisu, Perraud; Elyounouusi, Ward-Prowse, Diallo, Aribo, S. Armstrong; Adams.

After all my complaining it's been a good last 20 mins to this game.

Debruyne could of had another attacking return but also escapees a deffo yellow

Expected that with Doherty, I'll use that Foden 1 point yet I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,107 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Wilson heads over from a Trippier pass.

Newcastle have started on top.

Trossard (Mitoma)

Brighton 1 Chelsea 0

• Registered Users Posts: 17,228 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Trossard you troll

When I had him he got me nought

FS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,792 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Have to hope only one of Dier or Chilwell come on to get Trossard off the bench

RLC OG no assist

Brighton 2 Chelsea 0

Moore (Tavanier)

Bournemouth 1 Spurs 0

• Registered Users Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Good lad Trossard. Needed that after the disaster of missing the deadline and captain Foden.

Watkins misses a sitter. Air shot, missing the ball. Water is wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Martinez coming off. Got a bang to the head.

I hate owning Zaha

Another yellow. Why didn't I get rid instead of Trossard

• Registered Users Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭COH

Chelsea look awful.

Martinez subbed for Villa

Come on Almiron

• Advertisement

Crystal palace 1 0 Southampton

Edouard (Mitchell)