Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Danger : EDDI heating too much hot water and filling the cold tank the attic with hot water too?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

I tried that. But I still think the Eddie is supplying 3kw to the sink element and one to the bath element no matter which has priority.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

If you boost each element, the 3kw one is the bath, and the 1kw is the sink.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭John mac

I just used the bath element to #1 and have nothing on #2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Not too relevant but collapsing attic tank has caused scalding deaths over the years.

I had heard that a specific UK incident in 80s, made the built in thermal cut-out in the electric element mandatory.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

The immerision elements are really simple, the 3kW is always the bigger one, so bath. The 1kW is the sink. It doesn't matter what it's called in the Eddi interface, this is just electrics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

Mine is really weird then. When its heating the 3kw one it goes to max temp reached. I will only have maybe one shower worth of hot water after that. If I let it switch to the 1kw one after it says max temp reached on the 3kw then it will keep heating at 1kw until the tank is bubbling over and starts overflowing into the tank. If the water is cold and i only use the 1kw one on the eddi and let it heat for 4 or 5 hours ive enough hot water for showers for the whole family.

Something is off with them but i can figure out what.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭tnegun

Bubbling means a thermostat is broken/bypassed. Some pictures of your tank, immersions and the wiring if possible/safe would help a lot to understand whats happening.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Not all 'sinks" are 1kW, mine is 3kW, same as my "bath"

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Advertisement