Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Jets Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Quiet thread. The misery to end in a week. Wilson's seemed o.k. for the last month or so. Michael Carter out with a concussion, of course, because he'd shown some signs of competence. Overall #4 pick so far for next year. Meh.

And of course, the most ridiculous player behavior happens in a Jets game. At least it was by the opposing side for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Deise boii

Very quite here although there hasn't been much to talk about. Free agency looks like a massive step forward shoring up the o line and finally getting two competent TE's. Can see a WR as pick 10.

Good start to the got possibly the best player in the draft in sauce, a weapon for Wilson and in Johnson we can compliment a fully fit Lawson and get some pressure on the Qb.

There has been some upgrade in the corner back room this off season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Yeah, for a coaching staff that apparently "doesnt put much stock" in DBs, they sure seemed to focus on making that group a lot better this off season.

Really hoping the 3 guys pick can make an immediate impact for the team

How are we all feeling with just over a week to go

• Advertisement

Like every year. Hoping for the best but getting ready to suffer. Just Endure The Suffering.

I'm hoping an 8 or 9 win year all depends on Wilson though. If he makes a leap this year could be a sneaky wildcard team.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭FantasyFool

Lads I might fall in with ye here this year if its ok. Been a Jets fans for about a decade. Things seem on the up. First 5 draft picks looks like hits and Max Mitchell (before the injury) looks like a serious bonus. Still nagging doubts before we beat a really good QB but hope for the future!

I'm definitely not going to call them world beaters yet, but it seems they have many of the building blocks in place to become a good team. At the end of the day it starts and ends with #2 and what he can do, his first 2 games of his season have been promising

Going into Green Bay after their loss to the Giants will be a really big test and it will be hard not to get excited if they come out of Lambeau with the win

Hate to say it but Packers are going to be loaded for bear. At home, bad loss on the road. Huge home field advantage at Lambeau. Just hope the Jets keep it close and maybe get a lucky bounce.

• Advertisement

HOW ABOUT THEM **** JETS!😁

As good a win as I can recall, and I've seen a lot of losses. J E T S JETS JETS JETS JETS!

What a photo😂

Offense definitely spluttered for a good chunk of the game, but what a performance from the defence. Quinnen Williams was unstoppable

Apparently Breece Hall ad-libbed that TD run, it was supposed to be a flea-flicker to Wilson but he saw daylight and went for it. Defense was impressive, special teams well... can't have been too many games with a blocked punt and a blocked FG.

Wilson did what was needed and didn't turn it over, which is good enough. Off to Denver and catch up with Russell Wilson and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DwBaileNua87

Hi there, Jets fan since 1997. Should go 5-2 given the Broncos have a MNF, but its hard to be too confident given the last few years.....if we got to the bye week 5-4 I'd be happy enough, an 8-9 or even 7-10 season would be respectable, doing a double on the Dolphins and maybe even the Patriots would be progress in my eyes.

Post edited by DwBaileNua87 on

Its almost hard to believe how well the 2 New York franchises are doing this year. JD has done a hell of a job with the last 2 drafts and free agency pick ups. My only concern at the moment is the clear drop off in performance of Garrett Wilson since Zach's return. IN a lot of ways wer back to playing like the early days of the Sanchez era-m good D, Good run game, game manager at qb but limited passing game. Saying that Sanchez got us to the playoffs!

Sanchez got us to back-to-back AFC championship games. Arguably the best Jets QB since Namath. Not much of an argument, Vinny T. had an epic year but that was it.

Wilson out for Denver today. New RB for Denver and backup QB (who beat the Jets in one of his 4 career starts.) Denver snarling at each other in the locker room. So, perfect opportunity for the Jets.

Now, if there wasn't so much history of what happens in these games....

Still, logic says Jets win today. For what that's worth.

5 and 2 who would of thought that at the start of the year but the injuries have sucked all the momentum out of everything well that and Zach looking a lost at any sign of pressure. In a clean pocket he is going well but under pressure leaves the pocket way too quick and isn't setting his feet. I'd be expecting a lot of blitzs Sunday against the patriots.

Do ye think they will trade for anyone there is talk of the browns being open to a trade for hunt it wouldn't be the worst move for possibly a 5th

They traded for a replacement running back, which was necessary. Let's not give up on Zach yet, he's yet to play a full season and does have a great arm. Saleh's a defense-first guy and has it playing well. Hall is a huge loss, Tucker is a big loss, but all teams lose players. Jets have had 2 high-level QB picks in the last what, 4 drafts? Darnold, Becton, Zack, Sauce... Definitely letting Zach deal for the rest of the season and then decide.

• Advertisement

Robinson is a hell of a pick up! But even before that trade I think the AVT injury could be a bigger deal to this offense than Breece, Carters not a bad guy to have coming in, obviously not going to give Hall like numbers, but solid none the less. They're now down 3 of the linemen they started the year with, thats a tough situation and made all the tougher when we see how much Wilson struggles under pressure

A good reminder of how rare guys like Kevin Mawae /Nick Mangold/D'Brick were and tbf Jumbo Elliott (as a Giant.) Just played and played and.... And, heck, Jumbo had one great catch as a Jet.

yeah, wasnt it Ferguson that missed one career snap!!

Ya Id agree. Let Zach at it and see does he sink or swim. He gets flushed very quickly from the box and seems to hold onto the ball far too long. Even the play he got injured on in preseason was needlessly holding onto the ball. Robinson looks to be a good pick up. Personally devastated over AVT- got a #75 jersey during the Summer.

D'Brick is getting inducted into the Jets 'ring of honor' this weekend or this happened last weekend.

He's 38. 38! The guy the Jets signed to replace Becton, Duane Brown, is 37!

I say let D'Brick suit up!

A win today, which seems very doable, and one next week which would be enormous and very difficult, means Jets in 1st place.

Buffalo is elite on offense and defense. Jets defense is getting better and special teams have seemingly straightened out the early season mess they were in. But the offense right now is a 'don't screw it up' offense and that won't work against Buffalo. It might against NE.

That was miserable. IMO dreadful roughing call changed the game. Zach was really exposed, too, way too much happy feet. Punter shanks yet another, and killed me to see Folk having a 'field day' kicking.

Next week's bigger now than ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DwBaileNua87

Sickened the Patriots beat us again, that's the worst Patriots team for a good 20 years and we still couldnt beat them.

My 8-9 / 7-10 prediction looking good at the minute, but I'd love to be wrong and have the Jets beat the Bills Sunday. Unlikely, but one can hope.....

I'll take that against the Bills, What a fcuking win!!

• Advertisement

Pretty much a perfect game except for the interception after the 'sky cam delay.' Regarding that, here's a quote from Saleh:

Asked what he was thinking during the delay, Jets coach Robert Saleh said, "It only happens to the Jets."

@phatkev was spot on about Robinson. Great acquisition, doing what he's been asked to do and not to be Breece Hall. Now for the bye week, good timing with what seemed like an injury parade early in the game but nothing serious. Then, New England in New England (a mod once got on my case calling them the Belic***ts.) Gardiner is such a great draft pick, flashy and backs it up.

Advertisement