Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Revolut Shops - Cashback with In-App Purchases - 3% with Amazon + other retailers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭muloc

Cheers. That's handy.

Probably not possible and maybe the cashback wouldn't work anyway but anyone know if you could get it to link to currys.co.uk rather than currys.ie?

Tried the uk vpn but no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

Anyone knows whether the in-app purchase is recognised when rather than a website you use the company's app ? For example when I click on amazon in the revolut app, it takes me to the amazon app rather than the amazon website ..

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

Can confirm that cashback is paid from Amazon when it triggers the Amazon app on Android, rather than a browser. Seems to have gone in only a few minutes after the transaction... note the cashback will likely go into your Sterling account, not your Euro one - so I didn't notice it immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deep1

Thanks for that, I bought via IOS app and was waiting for cash back, can see in sterling account, was paid straightaway,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Yeh didn’t notice it in my Sterling thought it wasn’t working. Thanks

it didn’t work for EMP for me , bought some T-shirts got nothing back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Akula

I’m not seeing it in my app? Only like two stores under shopping?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Yip all pertinent info in the Revolut rewards thread. Maybe a merger needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭ALS

Deleted the app and reinstalled but still not seeing it, perhaps by its account specific

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭migrant

I just buy £200 of Amazon credit top up via the Revolut hub, it's simpler than doing it every time for each piffling transaction, you get the £6 cashback credited right away. Then you it won't matter what device you do the purchases on later, since you've already received the cashback.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭horse7

It says Amazon but I can't access amazon.de

• Advertisement

Revolut chat have no idea what I'm talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

I got access to the Shops discount by going into the play store and searching for Revolut.. and when you click into it, there is an option to opt in as a beta tester. It seems to take some time after that to make changes to the app but I noticed a few hours later, the Shops discounts were appearing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

I've tried a different method and it seemed to work ok. Add whatever you want into the basket via pc/laptop. Then go through revolut app and into amazon and pay for what is there. The rebate came through straight away. I thought they might have some cache check that you need to add products via the app, or all transactions needed to be via the revolu/amazon app e2e but nothing like that it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭padair

Can you do this, amd get your 6 quid. Them come out of Amazon and using the revolut app again go into Amazon and spend 200 gift card for another 6 quid off?

Having one of those days

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

This does not appear to work with M and M Direct in the list. A few days ago I chose the 3% Cashback option, then made a purchase using the browser window it opened up. The payment appeared in Revolut, but no sign of the cashback so far. While it would have only been about €2, I thought I'll try contacting support just to report the issue and basically got responses from their agent like - Are you sure the store is in the list, have you checked the T&C's, that I need to wait 14 days, etc. and currently waiting a further update.

Used it in two actual stores today and it worked. Started up the shops thing , let it open the webpage while queuing to pay. Then tapped my revolut using Apple Pay. Got the refund straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭ggmad

I tried this in B&Q today and it didn’t work

• Advertisement

Easons and Newbridge silver where the shops I did it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Stewball

Can you get this to work if you're buying something using a laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

If the website supports it, create the basket on your account on your laptop.

You have to open the link via Revolut and finish transaction on your phone in theory.

It might be possible that opening link via Revolut app and then finishing order on a separate device will work (similar to how another user posted that opening a website page and completing a transaction in store was enough to trigger a payment).

It is, clearly, not a guarantee.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

Similar to a few others, I was a little surprised to get cashback from a B&M purchase in M&S after I'd been browsing online through the app, and bought in person afterwards. Obviously not complaining by any means, of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭ggmad

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

Seems to have been immediate (transaction stamped as the same minute) as far as I can tell, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭jc77

I don't see any of the shops (Smyths, Dunnes Stores, M&S, etc) in my Revolut Rewards section even after deleting and reinstalling the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

On Android, it's under Hub, then scroll down to Lifestyle. For me, it was the last thing there.

Once in it, you can click the pin at the top right; it will then appear on the Home tab, in the left to right scrollable list (Accounts, Cards, Stocks etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭jc77

I can see the rewards section and have many reward partners in Dublin (I live in Cork).

I contacted Revolut and got;

‘I can see that you are eligible for many merchant's cashback but not for the one's you mentioned.’

I asked about Smyths, Dunnes, M&S.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

They not in the Rewards section, they are in the Shops section. There is a searchbar on the "homepage" of the Revolut app - just search for shops on it and it should show up.

Advertisement