Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Skylark - Portmarnock

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Portmarnock22

Oh that's great news, hope that bit goes nice and quick for you :)

Hopefully we hear on BCAR this week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15 emhportmarnock2022

🔑 today 🥳

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Portmarnock22

Oh thats amazing, massive congrats!!! Exciting times ahead.

We are at the stage where waiting for bank to transfer funds to Solicitors. Do you mind me asking what was your timeline from that stage?

Thanks so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 emhportmarnock2022

24 hrs once cheque issue was completed

• Registered Users Posts: 3 HannahJ87

Hi all. Just wondering if anyone is concerned about Skylark/Portmarnock being in a flood zone and the effects of climate change in the future?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Snugbugrug28

I'm not that worried to be honest. The terrifying images we see are all based on worst case scenarios like 10m etc. Skylark is a bit elevated from the sea and flooding tends to be worse in Midlands etc. Haven't heard anything about Skylark being a flood risk and solicitor/insurance didn't say anything either.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 MArk2486

I agree with Snugbugrug as above - there's also a standard detailed flood risk survey that was submitted as part of the planning on Fingal. Buying anywhere near the sea in Ireland has it's risks to be honest, but we're not concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Baroudeur

I'm not concerned really. When you look at the elevation map the site itself is about 10 meters above sea level and is on an elevation compared to Portmarnock village. The flood risk assessment was quite thorough as MArk2486 said. If there are longer-term flood risks due to sea level rise the problem won't be isolated to Portmarnock - most of the city centre is barely above sea level!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ANKU

Hi

we got the keys few days back and trying to figure out the energy supplier.

Panda has been very prompt in contacting us because of opt-in box was checked. 🙂

Can I ask, what is the general recommendations for:

1- Energy Supplier based on per unit charge

2- Plumber who can help to move the radiator

Thanks

Hey. If you're looking for the best value on energy, I'd recommend going to bonkers.ie. to compare costs between suppliers. Very handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 MArk2486

Hi All, got keys and moved in yesterday after some bank delays.

Anyone had any issues with the Fridge? The freezer seems to be working well but fridge is warm, even having been on overnight.

Also, the water pump, anyone had issues with it coming on for a few seconds randomly through the night?

Welcome!!

Our fridge was warm and my wife turned the dial down I think. Now there is a big block of ice at the back. Wish I could've chosen a frost free fridge (or chosen anything for that matter).

Not sure what you mean about the water pump. I'm told if the hot water is set to 52 and the temperature drops 8 degrees to 44 then it will kick in to bring it back up. Small temperature on the right is the actual water temp, big figure in the middle I think is the temperature of the pipe feeding into the system (if active will be rising, if inactive will be falling)

Question for those who have already moved in - Is there a demand control ventilation system in place? It was in the spec but I can't remember seeing any controls during our snag.

There is some sort of machinery relating to ventilation in the roof. As far as I understand this works by the humidity sensors in each room vent sensing the humidity and then switching on to vent out damp air.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Tazium

Congrats.

Our fridge was replaced due to a fault with the fridge not getting cold. Took them about a week to sort it out but it seems we weren’t the only ones at the time. Contact the after sales people and they’ll get you sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bmurr101

Hi folks, does anyone have any good recommendations for shed suppliers? thanks

Hey. I can't comment on my own experience, but I'm planning on going with these guys as they came recommended: https://www.shedsdirectireland.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ANKU

Hi,

any recommendation for a good plumber around?

Thanks

Hi all.

To those who have purchased, I'm just wondering how things work once you purchase. Are you given options to customise in terms of kitchen, floors etc?

Hoping to buy in the next phase and completely new to all of this.

Appreciate any insights.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭earlyapex

Is the roof venting supposed to be running 24/7?

The bathrooms and the kitchen extractors run all the time for me.

Do you have that too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 boylano21

Has anyone decided to go with Internet supplier other than virgin? If so are you happy with the download speeds??

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Tazium

Siro has been installed in the area so be sure to ask for the offers.

We had no choice in terms of kitchen fittings and appliances. The house is not floored with the exception of the bathrooms which are pre-tiled.

Could I ask the people who live in the terraced houses, especially the mid-terraced houses, how it the sound-proofing. Do you ever hear the neighbours? Dogs barking indoors etc? I'm more concerned about me bothering others than others bothering me...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Someone posted this on Reddit. Anyone else get this mail…?

Good morning

We would like to update you on the launch of the next phase of Skylark in Portmarnock which was due to take place this month.

The development of 172 units, which Quintain had received planning permission for in May 2022, was to comprise of a range of 2, 3, & 4 bedroom houses and duplexes, as well as a 2 acre park, new additional estate access to Moyne Road and monies to upgrade Station Road.

Unfortunately, construction of this phase of Skylark has been put on hold due to a Judicial Review lodged by a third party against our planning grant.  

High Court proceedings were filed by a local Portmarnock resident in July 2022, which now prevents us from progressing with building these homes. Therefore we have had to cancel our launches as previously planned until further notice. 

A Judicial Review is an avenue, outside of the normal planning process, whereby a third-party applicant asks the High Court to review whether the grant of planning was made in accordance with all Irish and European laws. Whilst we believe the grounds for the review are not merited, we are bound by law to delay commencing the project. We do not have a definitive timeline under which this process will run, but the current estimate is anything from 12 months to 3 years depending on the Court and whether the applicant wishes to pursue the case to the Supreme Court and/or the European Courts.  

In the meantime, Quintain is exploring a number of avenues to understand if the project can be advanced in shorter time frames than mentioned above. We understand that this is deeply disappointing for our prospective residents and would like to reassure you that we are pursuing all available means to ensure that we can deliver these much-needed homes to the Portmarnock area.

We will continue to update you as we have any further information however in the meantime, please feel free to contact us on 01 8462752 or Darren@kelly.ie  

If you wish to follow the progress of the Judicial Review, click on the following link https://www.csol.ie/ccms/highCourtSearch.html?execution=e2s1  and enter, Year: 2022, Case Number: 556, Proceedings: Judicial Review.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Sono

Yes I got this email, was not expecting that

I heard its something environmental like threat to wildlife sort of thing. I get it but I also think it's good for the environment when humans live in cities close to their place of work. Bad timing for this development to be halted and I really feel for prospective buyers. Disappointed myself as we were looking forward to Skylark Park

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Buttons_sb

Hi all

We are finally snagging in C3 after some delays.. can anyone recommend someone who snagged their house? I have rang one or two places already that came recommended with no availability. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Royalshiva

Adman sheds from woodies is good. Shed direct.. there are couple of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭earlyapex

Has anybody seen the email that seems to come from the Foreman which contains a pdf but that pdf links to a russian website asking for a Microsoft login?

The email address looks legit but the dodgy link does not. Email is about "DRES properties"

Advertisement