Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Green Bay Packers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

That looked a really poor performance. Offence stuck in the mud, Rogers eventually hit a few passes but his body language and demeanour aren't helping.

Gary had a fvckin monster game though

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭boccers

Yea I think Gary is in the TJ Watt, Myles Garrett etc bracket now. An absolute beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,054 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Ok…. A win is a win and Rogers admitted in the post game interview that wins like that are not sustainable.

Also admitted he did not play well first half but did better in the second.

Bellichick will make it difficult on any opponent no matter who he has playing.

Just for info, the game in London is live on Vmtv…..wonder who will they get to ‘analyze’?

Or will they just take the feed from the American broadcasters or Sky?

Hope they are less annoying than the gloamers they dig up for the Soccer.

On the game itself, run defense will be tested so we need improvement there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭boccy23

New York Giants v Green Bay PackersNew York Giants v Green Bay Packers (Kick-off 2.30pm). Laura Woods presents coverage of the week five fixture between the NFC East and NFC North sides at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. Aaron Rodgers and the Packers are the only side in the NFL who have never previously played in London, whereas the Giants took part in the very first game in the UK back in 2007, beating the Miami Dolphins 13-10, and returned in 2016 to defeat the Los Angeles Rams 17-10. Two-time Super Bowl winner and former New York Giants star Osi Umenyiora joins former NFL defensive back Jason Bell to provide analysis in the studio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya the feed will be taken directly from ITV. So Laura Woods, Jason Bell and Osi Omineyura (took a punt).

Anyone else from here heading over?

Seems to be Pep rallies at Belushi's Bar London Bridge.

Getting a bit concerned about this game, based on the seemingly negative approach to it by Packers Management.

It appears that LaFleur hasn’t ‘bought into’ it totally and that would not be a good mindset.

Now all this may be pure speculation but anything less than full commitment to the game would be a loss for the Packers, in my opinion.

Hopefully these vibes are not true and we get a performance worthy of the team.

What the fork are the Packers doing on third downs.

Packers beat themselves……simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭cosatron

Wow that second half was bad from everyone

• Advertisement

Yep, and it’s not a new phenomenon.

Every Packers game has been the same this season, turgid, slow, penalties, big third downs conceded.

Being out coached by injury ravaged teams .

Serious structural work needed.

Tis auld fcukkery of “we need to do better” is worn out.

Time to start sacking a few people .

All of a sudden Special Teams is the most reliable unit. How does this happen.

Brendan called it about the attitude all week. Like they were annoyed that they had to travel over to the UK and hoped to just go through the motions.

Aaron Jones comment afterwards about putting his money on himself of Dillon getting the 2 yards at the end is a view most fans would probably share.

Yes, what I feared happened. They didn’t come out ready to play and the Giants despite their banged up list did.

The litany of things that went wrong is sizeable, the holding penalty after the QB sack , the fumble by Amari Rogers, the failed attempt to recover the muffed punt return spilling the ball over the sideline, the inability to defend third and longs, and the general lack of ‘spirit’ in the team.

Dan Jones had his best numbers this year…..with back up receivers and no name TE!

That tells you something’s wrong.

Rogers needs to take the ‘face’ off himself and encourage the younger players.

His own play was quite poor as I saw it.

This is at best a nine and eight outfit unless something happens to correct the issues on both sides of the ball.

They let down the thousands of fans who went to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭Blut2

One of the best RB rooms in the NFL, and one of the worst of WRs, and they throw it on a crucial 4th and 2 🤡

The NFC North is still weak enough that theres hope for the season turning around yet at least I guess, thats my post positive Monday take on things.

Yes, nice to see that, however, it won’t happen with the same listless displays.

There will HAVE to be a change in attitude, spirit,coaching, play calling, on both sides of the ball.

LaFluer now needs to earn his corn as the next three games will be vital to regain momentum.

Needs to start here and now…. No more lame excuses.

So many plays felt forced yesterday. Opportunities to pick up 10 yards and keep moving up the field but Rodgers going for the big chunk plays.

Was there yesterday, great experience but very disappointing finish. Just knew the halftime lead wasn't near enough based on the last few games.

It almost feels like Rodgers isn't happy about his WRs so is purposely forcing plays to them to show they aren't up for it.

They do need someone like OBJ though.

just run the damn ball and play man coverage on defence it's not rocket science. Every year we go through this with leFluer and every year we get the exact same result and now he will go back to taking what the defence give us and rely heavily on the run game and will eat out Joe Barry and low behold we will spank the jets on sunday. One thing i will say the refs missed allot of holding on the giants oline, the holding call against rasul douglas on the there last drive should've being offset for holding on there oline, it was a clear as day.

As mentioned before how many games did we lose last year because of the special teams. That gets rectified this year and everything else seems to have gone backwards.

This game is the fvckin pits.

Well it got a whole lot worse, before a slight improvement! 10-17 now...

• Advertisement

Grim stuff. Cobb will probably be out injured for a while now too, just to add to the lack of WRs problem.

It will interesting to see how lefluer handles this crisis. Cause right now we are a poor team.

Pi55 poor... Made the Jets look like contenders.

aah yes… not unexpected I have to say.

This is a disjointed sluggish team with little spirit.

The clues are on the sideline.

You had the Jets players and coaches pumped up, high fiving themselves, encouraging players and animated.

You had the Packers players ambling around, no fire, no interaction, the coaches and QB looking like their dog had died.

We will get all the usual bull after the game, but the short answer is the Packers were out coached and outplayed.

Forget about this ground game, we are getting very little from it, certainly not the mesiahs some think we have.

We are not getting enough return from either ground or air to sustain games….the scoring record shows that.

Defense poor, Offence worse…….. coming near the time where harsh words and tough actions need to be taken.

I shudder to think what our run after the Washington game will bring.

Not a good outlook when basically ‘no name’ QBs can have career games against GB.

Seems as though I spoke too soon on special teams as well.

I don't know if I'd call the defense poor, more-so just solidly average. Which isn't unusual for them. But the problem is in previous years the offense was good enough to bail them out regularly so they play didn't cause losses as frequently. This year the offense itself is below average - 10pts last night, 7 against the Vikings, 14 against the Bucs..

The very obvious problems are that Rodgers is older and less capable and there are essentially no WRs on top of that. On any of the top teams realistically aiming for a Superbowl Lazard would be a WR3 and the rookies would only gradually getting broken in, not being relied on.

whatever about the first half the D was poor in the second……possibly tiredness but probably a realisation the Offence had no idea how to keep them off the field.

whiffs on ‘tackles ‘ late in the game and on one occasion saw at least five Packer defenders chasing after the Jets ball carrier with no hope of stopping him.

There is no point in “sticking with the run” if there are no blockers.

No RB can consistently get through a wall of DLs 300 pounders without blockers, and there’s where a lot of the problems arise.

Head coach is skating on thin ice now as the team is just not motivated in any facets of the game.

Turnaround urgently needed……….I’m not optimistic.

Is it a case of chickens coming home to roost on the whole Rodgers mess over the last 2 seasons, the row with the front office, the stand off, the huge contract. I mean, obviously his arm has been good enough for MVP...but I do wonder about his attitude...

Whatever about his arm or his talent, his attitude and body language has been shocking. LaFluer and his team aren't faultless, but AR12 has been pants in a while, and this season he's not performed, and just wandered about with a face like a slapped ar5e.

• Advertisement

Yeah to be fair I'm not saying the defense were good by any stretch. But they're ranked #16th for defenses across the league so far this season which is about right - completely middle of the road.

The offense's regression is the bigger problem. Its due to a combination of bad luck with Bakhtiari's injury problems (hes a huge difference maker, and a huge % of capspace), letting Davante leave, and Rodger's aging / his dramatics / obvious unhappiness / his demanding a monster contract at his age. Its just not a winning combination.

Rodgers' contract is structured so that hes 100% definitely going to be playing in the 2023 season, and likely the 2024 and 2025 seasons as well. Which at this stage has got to be a huge worry for everyone involved...

Advertisement