Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How Bout Dem Bears?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

Don't fight for yards, get out of bounds. No excuses...jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,170 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

If we're gonna lose then lose like that, well not exactly like that but you know what I mean. Eberflus woke up at HT and took some chances in the 2nd half. Went for it on 4th. Kicked an onside. Let Fields throw it. If it doesn't work then it doesn't work, but we are sh*te so we might as well try these things.

That strip at the end is why that receiver would be on the practice squad of every other team in the league. Pettis as well with the stone hands.

Fields had a good game for the most part which is all that really matters this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

after the first quarter i was thinking that fields is gone , at the end i thought , he might be the one, he was robbed of a TD by a bullsh!t call too

the play to mooney was a work of art

jones with nice cameo as well

Where to start with that one . Gifting a terrible team . Dropping balls, wide open WR’s . Dogsh!t

end the season

• Registered Users Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Oh no, oh no, oh no no no no no.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

It really is a sad state of affairs that this is the best we can hope for as a fanbase, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying it a little.

Now that was an enjoyable victory. I'd still like fields to look more assured in passing plays but he was definitely better in that regard today, a few poor decisions aside. On the ground we were unstoppable, I don't know that other teams will let fields run like that. Defense had their best performance of the year so far. All in all it was a real shot in the arm, not just to win but to see us play enjoyable, competent football, after that horror show from the offense against Washington. Onward and upward!

very enjoyable , a good team performance . fields really can move for a big fella , the 3rd and 14 springs to mind

onwards and upwards .......i hope

BOSTON TD PARTY

Every week he makes these wild plays in between the boneheaded ones that make you believe he can be a star. There were 3 or 4 'wow' plays on Monday that only a handful of other QBs could have made.

I've been highly critical of Getsy but he called a great game. I don't know if it's sustainable to run Fields as much as he did on Monday but we'll see.

Robert Quinn also traded to the Eagles for what will be a late 4th given the way their season is going. Thought he should have been traded in the off season when his value was higher but oh well. $125m in cap next year now following that trade.

• Advertisement

well every time its mentioned that fields is a 6 3, 225 pound player , i think 'oh yeah he is ' his movement is so good but he is so close to getting hammered like in the Washington game

cowboys will be a real test and and there will be 7 point games like 2 weeks ago but the talent is there with fields to build a team around , just look at the car crash the bears left in new england with 2 qbs that both look like there not first choice

That's Mooney catching it right? The funny thing is your post here applies as much to Darnell as it does to Fields: he goes missing at times and really doesn't seem like a number 1 guy, but then the last couple of weeks he has had these phenomenal catches like that one, that are absolute bangers (if OBJ did it Collinsworth would explode). It all feels like we are just in reach of something fantastic, but I can't tell if it's real or not yet.

Losing Quinn was expected, I really don't know why they waited until now. He wasn't having a good season until Monday when he upped things considerably. He was a great Bear and his 2021 season was unforgettable, I hope he gets to win a Superbowl somewhere, he wasn't going to be around Chicago when we are in that conversation.

Anyone see Roquan's response when he heard? He really struggled not to start crying on the podium. That defense is a tight group. I'm worried they might try to ship Smith as well, I really don't like the idea though many have talked about it, he is young and home grown, and he's lighting up the field. He's what we should be building around on that side IMO

how about dem bears?

offence a lot to like , mostly fields

defence not good at all

too many flags

genuinely not sure how I feel about this. I get the idea of getting picks and I think the deal is relatively fair, a 2nd and 5th and his cap hit off the books. But he is a homegrown first round pick who is a real difference maker and we have cap space, so I dunno, I'm kind of surprised. The odds of getting better value for the picks or the cap space versus what he actually represents as a known quantity who is young, I dunno, it seems like a gamble. I just had figured him as the leader of the defense going forward.

agreed , we had a defense with mack , hicks , smith etc that was shutting teams down and it was ripped apart . massive gamble . its on poles to spend all that money next season wisely

is jackon now the defence leader on his own ?

Post edited by peteeeed on

You'd have to be happy with that, a second is good value for someone of that level who can slot right in (this week!).

Fields taking steps forward and another loss for the draft pick. That's all I've ever wanted from 2022.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

As a Dolphin's fan want apologise. Ref won us that. Got away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭Christy42

Hey the Bears find out more about their new stud QB and a better draft pick. You guys get a needed win trying to get a play off berth in a cluster f of a division. Everyone wins.

It was a shocking no call given how they called the Jackson one on Waddle a few minutes previous to that. It's sad how often the refs are influencing games these days.

Fields has had no luck on potential game winning drives so far. Velus fumbling the punt against the Giants, Smith-Marsette getting stripped against the Vikings, the 2 endzone drops against the Commies and now today with the missed PI. Even after that horrible decision he came back for 4th down and threw a perfect ball for St Brown who dropped another one to end the game. Awful.

Fields is now fully believes m himself and I do too , that call was a disgrace , official right there and he just looks on

kmet really showing what he can do

with the defence we are going to have some high scoring games

what a TD fields , wowee

FLAGS FLAGS FLAGS

Losing to the Lions (unless we score..) is never fun but I'll take it for the better pick. Fields had that bad pick but he's done some insane stuff too. The 2 TDs with his legs were ridiculous. He's had a ton of time in the pocket at times today which is a nice change, but often doesn't throw. Whether everyone is covered or not remains to be seen.

Refs were also awful. Sanborn was robbed of an INT on that "hands to the face" and it led to a TD.

https://streamable.com/trtork

some horrible calls by the officials

We were rode rotten by the refs but them's the breaks, we weren't good enough to overcome it and our defense is playing without much intensity or self-belief for understandable reasons. The offense is starting to click more every week, and draft pick notwithstanding it would be nice to knit a few wins together to help build a bit of team spirit. draft bedamned, I want us to win against the Packers.

• Advertisement

well same old story

should fields have been out there with what looked like no legs and one shoulder and they made him run twice in the last drive , horrible

Advertisement