Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2022 International Series

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭kaiserrussel

Hi there - was in queue myself - wanted to go to see munich and use it as a chance to get NFL game in as well. thinking it was last chance to see Brady. disaster with the ticketing issue. still going to go and possibly watch it in a bar or something. Or maybe there is an NFL zone out near stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,002 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

For fcuk sake.

UK commentators on Virgin Media for the Green Bay game.

I assume it's the same on ITV

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Fletcher comes across as an incoherent emotional head at times on BT's football coverage but I thought he was surprisingly above decent commentating on the game for his first one, he definitely didn't come across as an idiot to the sport. Jack Crawford didn't sound fluid but enough insight to suggest he would be better with more games

• Registered Users Posts: 15,002 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I thought the main commentator was decent enough to be honest.

Tbe colour guy was a bit basic but overall it didn't actually take from my enjoyment of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,358 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I simply would have muted them and found an US based commentary stream online. Can't watch NFL with non american commentary.

Would have loved a ticket to the bucs game, last chance to see TB12 and all but simply couldnt get one.

Hi there - posted earlier the thread - ended up going to Munich for weekend. small number of tickets were available on reseller sites on the day but started at 500 and even though I wanted to see brady, that was too much. Met scalpers that jumped form 500 (1000 for 2) to 350 (700 for 2) and I figured they were dodgy tickets so didn't go with it.

The Germán, Irish and European fans were out in full force. Hotels were cheap, beer and food were relatively cheap and a good game,

would go back no problem - Munich and the transit system form Centre to alliance arena was very short and well serviced. interested to compare it to peoples london experiences

• Registered Users Posts: 17,792 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

2023 home teams announced

Jags- Wembley

Titans and Bills- Spurs

Pats and Chiefs - Germany

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Interesting that Germany has been expanded so early. It was supposed to be one game a year for 4 years alternating Munich & Frankfurt.

Usually the NFL are ultra cautious and wait until the end of the trial period before adding games.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

The extra Germany game is due to no Mexico game due to stadium renovations there.

Been looking forward to a european Chiefs game since the last one I was at in 2015 against the Lions. Will be a disaster to get a ticket and im almost resigned to the fact that I'll have to get a reseller ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Jofspring

With the response the Germany game got last year as well it's not surprising. Pats and Chiefs there will mean tickets will be even more scarce than last year.

Can't wait to see what teams they will be playing.

Possible matchup combinations below. Divisional match ups and teams who played in UK/Europe last year are less likely to happen so that could eliminate a good few possibilities. Cowboys/49ers/Ravens/Lions/Colts/Commanders are the sides who haven't been over to UK/Europe in over 5 years so all are overdue a UK/Europe game

Jacksonville Jaguars vs Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Atlanta Falcons, Baltimore Ravens, Carolina Panthers, Cincinnati Bengals, San Francisco 49ers

Tennessee Titans vs Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Atlanta Falcons, Baltimore Ravens, Carolina Panthers, Cincinnati Bengals, Los Angeles Chargers, Seattle Seahawks

Buffalo Bills vs Miami Dolphins, New York Jets, Dallas Cowboys, Denver Broncos, Las Vegas Raiders, New York Giants, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

New England Patriots vs Miami Dolphins, New York Jets, Indianapolis Colts, Los Angeles Chargers, New Orleans Saints, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Commanders

Kansas City Chiefs vs Denver Broncos, Las Vegas Raiders, Los Angeles Chargers, Chicago Bears, Cincinnati Bengals, Detroit Lions, Miami Dolphins, Philadelphia Eagles

International Series games for 2023 announced today with Dolphins/Chiefs being the standout of the five. I didn't envisage Jags playing two successive games in London one home at Wembley to Falcons and one away to Bills at Tottenham the following week, definitely a little test of the waters of the logistics of back to back games for a potential London based team

I'm going to try get tickets for Ravens/Titans

October 1st 2.30pm Wembley: Falcons @ Jaguars

October 8th 2.30pm Tottenham: Jaguars @ Bills

October 15th 2.30pm Tottenham: Ravens @ Titans

November 5th 2.30pm Frankfurt: Dolphins @ Chiefs

November 12th 2.30pm Frankfurt: Colts @ Patriots

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-announces-five-games-for-2023-international-series

• Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Germany for me, the planning has begun. Tasty game with the Hill narrative.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 MickyBest

Strange, why couldn't they have made a more reasonable match schedule? The games will be in the autumn, there is time for the organizers to think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

What's wrong with the schedule? Genuinely don't know whether you are complaining about the games, the dates/times, the venues?

The games seem fine - I can't say I'm particularly excited by the UK slate but it's unrealistic to expect that the equivalent of Chiefs/Bills or 49ers/Eagles (or whatever the big games are in any season) are ever going to be moved to Europe into a non-primetime slot.

Travelled last year to Munich - and would have the complete lay of the land, hotel, trains etc down if there was a game there this year. No tickets unfortunately for Brady vs the seahawks

Hoping for Patriots tickets this year and the fact there are two games in Frnafurt might mean an easier time getting tickets - flights and accom booked

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Risoc

When do they sell season tickets? I presume that ship has well and truly sailed.

No Tottenham season tickets will be on sale this year, likely because sales of them maxed out last year and evidently a large amount of them were resold for touting

There's usually a general sale. Premium are already on sale. season ticket renewals will be next, then new season ticket sales and then general sale.

The German games will probably be impossible to get. Last year there was over 3million in the queue online for tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭No_Deal

Do people have an idea when the Germany games will go on sale?

June 27, the details were emailed out yesterday (including price tiers).

Have two tickets for sale for the Jags Vs Bills if anyone is interested. Face value. Said I'd put it up here before I put them on the ticket page on facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Anyone get or try to get tickets for London games today?

Demand was crazy. 400,000 plus in front of me in the queue. Luckily my mate managed to get some but was hard work

Yes it's hard work alright but I got my ticket for Titans/Ravens, got into the queue at around 36k on one account and 230k on another account still waiting on that account now with 65k ahead. It does appear they genuinely randomised it this year don't think there is any clever tricks to beat it

I had a brief panic at 12.50pm when my wait in the queue ended and it routed back to the home page saying timed out. I chanced clicking on my profile icon and one of options sent me into purchase screen for both games thank christ

I noticed aside from another price increase they also bumped up some seating areas into a higher price category i.e some seats category 6 last year now category 5 this year

• Registered Users Posts: 9,963 ✭✭✭cena

Where do I go for tickets?

I could only get single seats for the Tottenham games having been c. 196,000th in the queue so didn't bother. All in on the Chiefs game which goes on sale on Tuesday but I don't fancy my chances.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Just the 662,000 ahead of me in the queue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

1 million people ahead of me...........🤣

Advertisement