Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Great Lesser Known Fights

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,520 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I remember watching this one live with 3 mates ,Hard to believe it was nearly 20 years ago now,

Gomez lived up in Ballymun for a time as a kid , he had a really rough life growing up ,

He was born in the back of his Dad's car after this Da crashed on the way to hospital , you couldn't make it up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

This is a great fight. Absolute war - life on the line stuff.

Wayne McCullough vs Jose Luis Bueno on Vimeo

McCullough v Morales is another great fight. McCullough was in a lot of great fights. Must have had one of the best chins ever in boxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭megadodge

Thanks for that.

I actually attended that fight, but never watched it on screen since.

My abiding memory was that it was a real tough, gruelling fight that Wayne did just enough to win.

I don't think there were any, but I'd love to have seen the punchstats for that fight. Both of them never stopped throwing the whole night.

Just thought of this cracker a few days ago. I saw it on International Fight Night on UTV back in the mid 1980s. It features the best knockdown I ever saw. EVER!! God only knows how the floored boxer got up, but he did, and quite quickly, but his jaw was broken and he was retired in the corner.

Loris Stecca (Italy) was a high quality boxer with an impressive record who won the super-bantam title but lost it in Puerto Rico to local man Victor Callejas. Stecca won five fights by KO and there was a rematch in Italy in front of a very passionate crowd. This is what happened.

Part 1

Part 2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

• Advertisement

Watched this again recently. Fight of the Year 1995.

Mexican icon Humberto 'Chiquita' Gonzalez v Thai challenger Saman Sorjaturong for the undisputed world title.

Two aggressive big-punchers go at it. Enjoy.

Wildly exciting Mexican cult hero Jorge Arce was in loads of entertaining scraps and this was one of the best.

His opponent was tough, well-schooled Aussie Hussein Hussein and they produced a cracker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl_DEnxlg-Y

This was only back in 2020, but it didn't really get the exposure you'd expect as it was during lockdown.

If there was a crowd they would have gone mental.

Jose Zepeda v Ivan Baranchyk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbE2n0cSAUw

Advertisement