Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Quantum leap revival/reboot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,906 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

I just noticed the original is on sky replay. It's on season 1 episode 7 at the moment, so still very early in the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It dropped nearly 600k viewers from the opening episode to the second one.

Reports that the opening episode was actually the 6th episode and the pilot is being reshot as a mid season cliffhanger episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Did they do reshoots on episode 6 or something because unless there was to be 5 episodes before leaping don't see how that could be a later episode.

And there is the MacGuffin so...

He can jump outside his own lifetime.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,230 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Well they kinda explained it..

I enjoyed the episode - and next week looks fun!

It's playing it by the rule book and not too much future stuff but enough for some intrigue.

(I'm even warming to Addison but only a little bit)

• Advertisement

Hope when Ben remembers Addison that it doesn't cause problems with host relationships like the look she gave when he was kissing the girlfriend in this. I would expect some awkwardness the first time or 2 after he remembers but hope it doesn't interfere too much.

So Janis to be another hologram with an alternate mission?

Couple of quick questions about the original series:

Al said he saw Sam's host, rather than Sam, didn't he? Wonder if it's the same for Addison.

Wasn't there one time where Sam had sex with someone then leapt into the timeline where he met the child of that couple that supposedly had a really high IQ which implied Sam was the father rather than the host?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭corkie

Haven't tuned into the new series. Just visiting here to see if it is any good?

^^ @CastorTroy

Yep, just looked it up after posting.

Some day i'll go back and rewatch the series and not just the occasional episode I see on Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Episode 3 was the closest yet to classic QL. Shame that they are hemorrhaging viewers.

Think tvline said numbers are up for this episode. I think it'll get a full season at least.

• Advertisement

Is there only 5 episodes? IMDb only lists 5

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Not a bad episode. Loved that ending. Can not wait for the next episode. That looks like a fun episode. Can not wait to see how he gets on for his first time as a Woman.

At first I thought it must be a gay club or something and I woukd say he did too but then he and the viewer she him/her in the mirror and she us very beautifull so it should be very interesting. I wonder what her story is.

I still remember the original series episode with Sam beckets first time as a Woman and how he hated it but he grew into it after a while.

I also can not wait to see Addison help him through that and if he says something like "how do you do it" or something else like maybe "I never knew" etc. If done right there should be some decent chemistry and fun to it. What if he has to kiss a man or a man kisses him? I wonder what she will think of that?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

An additional 6 episodes ordered taking the total to 18.

It the number 1 new show of the season.

To be honest that wouldn't be hard as it must be the worst year in a long long time for new shows.

This is the only one I have checked out.

Episode 4 was a cracker. Fantastic tie-in to the original series, and the ending was lovely too. Should change the dynamic a little bit.

@AC - same! Rookie Feds is probably the only other one, but it isn't great.

I don't think I'm watching any other new network shows, although I will check out The Winchesters tomorrow.

So now we know he can jump outside his own lifetime when can we expect him to jump into the far flung future.

Think it's still limited to the past, though I expect a tease at some point where he thinks he's in the future at first until it reveals it's fake.

Going by last week's episode as well, it seems he's plotted a course through the past so not sure how that works.

The preset day stuff isn't as bad as I expected.

Blood & Treasure just finished the season so nice to get a bit more Sofia Pernas.

Because of the Western stuff? Probably ends up being a film set or something

As for this episode - was ok but not up to the original gender swap episode I thought, no real play on being a woman

They stated last week that Ben took out the code that stopped him from traveling outside his lifetime.

Ms

Not a bad episode but I agree that his first time being a Woman should have taken him more time to get used to and certainly not as good as when Scott Bukella done it. I knew he/she was not a Domme as they would not have men hitting on them like that they would be busy in a kink club dominating them or in their Dungeon. He Sam B used to go all out and wear the make up and all which at least made it more real as he is/was in a Womans body after all. Ben too should have had make up on. I liked the connection to the past from the future with Magic alright.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Think the difference with Ben was that he was in the body of a woman less than a dat and apart from the underwear, according to him, he still got to wear trousers and looked like flat shoes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,520 ✭✭✭billyhead

What's the overall verdict on this. I liked the show back in the day. Is this worth viewing?

It's fine viewing, not as good as I remember the original but only a few episodes in

I'm guessing that is not.....

Sam and that is the evil leaper.

Hmm.

They're going that route pretty quickly. Guess that's why he leapt and like I said, Janis may appear as another hologram to tell Ben th who, what and why. Don't think she's working with them anyway.

Also means there's a mole in Quantum Leap which Addison can begin searching for. Could also explain why Ben felt he had to perform the unauthorised leap.

Raises a lot of questions. Will we get flashbacks to what they did in Ben's previous leaps? Is there only one?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

I tried to stick with it but just couldn't. Lasted three episodes. What makes it even harder is that on my TV service the tile for watching new Quantum Leap is right next door to the one for old Quantum Leap.

It's strange he doesn't seem to try and be discreet when talking to Addison and no one notices, unless it can lead to a conversation with that person.

Well that was an interesting ending

They're keeping the hooks going. Looking forward to next week.

Ms

Just seen the latest episode after a couple of false starts when I just thought well this looks crap. It was actually a really good episode and what an interesting ending. So was the person who knew about Ben another time traveller? , who knows.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
    Ms

Yes I thought that too.

With Sam he would always be finding a toilet or a changing room or somewhere quiet to talk to All here Ben does not bother when talking to Allison.

Yes it certainly was.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement