Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BER assessment

Options
  • 15-09-2022 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭

I am going to get wall cavity pumped and get BER of my house assessed. One thing I am wondering about is attic, I have the vast majority of it with 300MM of insulation but there is a section that is floored that would only have 100M underneath it. How would this impact BER assessment? I could lay 200MM over it but its a pain in the hole as there is a pile of sh1te up there that would require moved.

Also I already have Hive heating with two zonethermostat which controls my boiler - rads have thermostatic valves . My immersion is tied into Hive so can be scheduled etc. From a heating control perspective that's as much as I can do right?

Any input would be great.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

If its only a small percentage of the attic with 100mm then it will have a minor effect on the BER rating. The assessor will work out the weighted average of the insulation thickness across the whole area.

Yes, the controls you have in place, space and water zoned with TRV is as good as you can get.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,981 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

you should raise the storage area so thats theres min 300mm quilt insulation under.

on the heating controls, have you a stat on your cylinder? if not, you should get one installed which is wired back to the boiler. This will prevent boiler cycling and will raise your BER.

If possible, a 7 day digital programmer through which you can program the time and temp for each of the 3 zones would be the rolls royce solution.

Advertisement