Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lower Decks 3x06 - 'Hear All, Trust Nothing ' ~~ { ** Spoilers Within ** }

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,886 ✭✭✭✭Stark

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭flazio

That wasn't Scarlet Johansson it was a voice actor called Lake Bell.

Not all on screen actors voiced their characters for What If. Peter Parker, Carol Danvers, Natasha Romanoff, Betty Ross, Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, Thunderbolt Ross, Peter Quill and a few others had different voice actors.

Of note to this thread is that Fred Tatasciore did additional Voices / Drax / Corvus Glaive / Volstagg

So Shax is Drax

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭corkie

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

• Registered Users Posts: 5,953 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Oh you are right. And that's strange cos she's done a ton of voice work. (And on-screen work). She did Doc Ock in Spiderverse for God's sake!!! She was just SO flat in "What if?..." As a matter of fact, many of the acting on that was flat..... Or maybe it's just because I didn't like it and treated the acting unfairly.

But I DID know that Shax did Drax. lol. HE's been around for yonks. One of those ones you always see around.

But it goes to show how important the right voice is. There's a reason Andrea Romano is so sought after as a voice director.

Anyway, as to the episode. I did love Quark's scream and his "how did this benefit be?" "Well you're happier being poor than in prison, right?" "Nooooo!!!!!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,886 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Funnily enough, my initial reaction to seeing him was "I thought he was dead". Forgot about the twist at the end of that DS9 episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah I seemed to remember him dying as well so googled it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭flazio

🤦‍♂️ Check IMDB sometime, would you?

Olivia Octavius in Spider-verse was played by Agatha all along, aka Kathryn Hahn, she was never in What If.

Other notable Spider-verse actors include Hailee Stienfeld as Gwen, who's Kate Bishop in Hawkeye, Bryan Tyree Henry who was officer Jefferson Davis and Phastos in Eternals and in a post credit scene Oscar Issacs plays Miguel O'Hara and also Moonknight.

And just to bring it back to Star Trek... again, Chris Pine is the voice of the first Peter Parker.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Evade

The voice actress for Captain Marvel was in Spideverse too, just not as Doc Ock.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Running a bit behind with episodes but had to comment on this one; a single 25 minute animated comedy managed to outstrip a whole live action show dedicated towards a successful "years later" visit to an old Trek.

A fabulous small tribute to DS9 with a couple of key characters returning and a decent embrace of the old show - without feeling suffocating with its nostalgia. A few nods here and there but damn; with the right people in charge, a DS9 show doesn't feel outrageous anymore. With the right people in charge.

Agree 100% with the assertion that Mariner is a better version of Burnham than the actual Burnham ever has been. But I think a key difference is Lower Decks is allowed a tonal register Discovery can't or won't touch.

I was a tiny bit disappointed there wasn't a Garage cameo, I'll be honest.

• Advertisement

Garak?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Indeed. Autocorrect doing its worst.

Especially the lies

Advertisement