Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2022-Round 17 -SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Someone on sky just say "10 seconds for Perez"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,978 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Perez has to go to the stewards though so no decision has been made

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭This is it

Great race from Perez, hopefully keeps the win.

Disappointed with LeClerc, Ferrari just not quick enough even with DRS

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Unless he’s had multiple infringements, let him keep the win. Going behind the safety car by more than 10 car lengths has zero impact on the result.

It was a great drive from him.

And how many times have others done it unpunished. Horner is right, others have done it loads of times in the past without issue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭quokula

It will be a disgrace if they take the race off Perez. There is plenty of precedent of cars not staying the correct number of car lengths 100% of the time, most notably at Saudi Arabia last year where Bottas deliberately and illegally held up the pack to create a gap for Hamilton to get an unfair free pitstop and the stewards did absolutely nothing.

In this case if it turns out Sergio did drop back too far, it will have been little more than a minor mistake that had zero impact on the outcome in any way. To punish this and change the result post race having not punished prior events like the one I mentioned would make a mockery of the sport. I don't know if they're aiming to give Leclerc some extra points to keep the championship alive a little bit longer but it would be a disgrace to take such a hard fought victory from a driver who's done so much to earn it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,198 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Cant see it, Perez will keep the win

• Registered Users Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭Infoanon

TV Directors instruction to Di Resta as he was about to start the interview ie one question with no follow up

• Registered Users Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭klose

Fairly certain Aston moved from p9 to p7 in the constructors after that result? Mclaren leapfrogged Alpine to P4 also, still a lot to play for it that regard.

Serious race from Perez, to have your advantage quelled multiple times with safety cars etc and have leclerc breathing down his neck to bring it home is very impressive stuff! Hopefully he keeps the result.

Still nothing on Perez?

• Advertisement

Yeah, glas he kept the win. Hard fought considering the conditions and all the safety cars, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

5 second penalty, keeps the win.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,022 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Delighted for Perez. Correct decision, a great win for him. Hamilton wasn't happy with the tyres from the start and Russell might have been better off staying in bed - bad enough day for the Mercs. Max had an eventful day. Nice to see the McClarens up there. Strange that Ferrari didn't mess up today. Bring on next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,873 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Yeah I noticed that. He dropped back after wvery safety car. Last stint was 30 seconds in about 15 laps or so. That's actually pretty terrible.

But it was a great result even if it was pretty lucky. He just kept it clean and lots of cars in front of him retired. He was also one of only 2 drivers who had yet to pit when the safety car came out. So he got his switch to slicks under safety car an overtook 2 cars in the process. Very lucky result for him, but it stands none the less.

How come Kmag was forced to pit but Hamilton wasnt for FW damage

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I'd say Hamilton would have been eventually. It took them a couple of a laps to force K-Mag in.

Whoever runs the Haas social media channels do a fantastic job

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Great race. I look forward to watching it all again tomorrow at some stage lol. Hopefully in the evening with the brother.

Delighted for Daniel. Come on Alpine rehire Daniel you know you want to.

Delighted for the Astons too they both done well but most of all I am delighted for Sergio Perez on winning. He ks becoming a bit of a street master. Keeps going like this and that might end up being his nick name lol

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,201 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I was expecting him to pressure lando for the first 5 or 6 laps after restart given he was on the soft which should have been better for early warm up etc. He consistently dropped away by over a second a lap right from the off. It doesn't add up really.

I honestly believe he's just on a downward spiral since he peaked at RB. Going by this years performance, he probably doesn't deserve a seat next year. He is so far off the pace of Lando it's embarrassing. Fair play to him for hanging on to 5th as I was convinced he'd end back down to P9 or 10. That P5 was badly needed for Mclaren with both Alpines not finishing. I think he won't have a seat next year

• Registered Users Posts: 11,095 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

His finest win. That’s what Red Bull wanted from him, he really came alive in that race and especially under pressure from Charles.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,128 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Interesting race even though there actually wasn’t much exciting racing. That must be Mercs worst day at the office this season. George had an awful weekend. 6 DNFs, this season will surely set a record for DNFs in the hybrid era?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

A right stinker of a race for Alpine yesterday. Hopefully no more reliability issues for them for the remaining races.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Shiok

Hope it came through on screen - Singapore itself felt back to its previous self (if not better!)! Amazing race weekend with city in full party mode and showing off. Thank god, its been a while  - earlier this year we were still wearing masks outdoors! 

The 12-race streak of either Vettel or Hamilton on the SG podium has come to an end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭quokula

That's great to hear, Singapore is one of my favourite cities to visit. Never been there for a GP weekend but I do want to some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Really. I thought it was a very cold materialistic city. The same with Sydney in Australia. Perth on the other hand was a beautiful city and the Gold Coast in Australia was lovely too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement