Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Reusable make up removing pads

Options
  • 18-08-2022 10:33am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm conscious that I use 2-3 disposable cotton pads per day in cleansing my face and I'd prefer to get something that is more sustainable and reusable. My skin is quite sensitive though so I need something gentle and soft and that will wash and wear well. Have any of you tried any of the products out there or have ones that you'd recommend?

I've spotted these in Boots, €17.99 for 16 pads (12 soft, 4 scrubs) and these in Holland & Barrett, €9.35 for 6 cotton pads but am just wary of splashing out on something that I might find on first use is too harsh/rough for my skin!

Help please :)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I got some for free with micellar water on look fantastic: https://www.lookfantastic.ie/garnier-makeup-remover-eco-pads-and-700ml-micellar-water-duo-set/12749505.html

They're really soft and lovely. They wouldn't be suitable as a scrub, but I really like them. The only drawback is I seem to splash on more micellar water on them because they're quite a bit larger than cotton pads, but I could fix that very easily with minor effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,346 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Penneys sell reusable microfibre cleansing cloths in a pack of 3. They're roughly rectangular with rounded edges and can be washed after use. Very soft and non-irritating.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Thanks ladies, that is really helpful great to hear from someone who has actually used the products :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I bought some that are soft towel material and you wash them in the machine in a little net bag.

They work fine for removal but they do look quite grubby, even though clean, after a while.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I was in the same mindset as yourself - binning loads of cotton rounds everyday. I bought a few packs of bamboo rounds from Penneys. These little lads: https://dreamerslabnl.blog/beauty/testing-reusable-cleansing-pads-from-primark/

Find them quite handy, now they are not the softest but they do the job at getting the makeup off. I rinse them after use to get the makeup off them and put them in an underwear bag and fire into the wash machine with the towels once a week. A few of them are starting to fray at the edges but I have been getting good use out of them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Thanks @Sunny Dayz for the reminder I had nearly forgotten about my quest for these. I went and bought those ones in Penneys to try out. They were ok last night and this morning, I wasn't wearing makeup yesterday though. A makeup day will be the real test I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Yeah I would need two of them to remove a full face of makeup, like after a wedding or a night out. But after a normal day I just need one pad to remove what's left after 12+ hours. Still need a proper cleanse after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I dont like the bamboo ones myself but have found the ones that are made from a fleece or velvety soft material work better. I got Miss Piggy ones in Penneys recently and I like them. I bought a bag with a zip in a set of 3 and found this much better than the net bag as it doesnt open in the wash. Ive beem using these rounds for a few years but I would wash my face with a normal facecloth first and then use the round to remove eye makeup.

Advertisement