Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chill Insurance.what is your experience?

• 27-09-2022 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

I have just renewed my motor insurance through Cill Insurance and what a horrible experience.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,302 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

They’ve been very good for me

Used them in 2020 for the first time (with Liberty)

In 2021 I used Liberty directly instead as I was able to get a good reduction

In 2022 I went back to Chill (again with Liberty). In 2022 I went direct debit and actually had issues - even though I was paid up for the first 6 months I ‘missed’ a couple of direct debits with the crowd that do the finance

By right I needed to pay the rest up front, but chill we’re able to set a payment plan of sorts

Would recommend using them tbh

Generally though it should mostly be about being cost efficient as much as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

As Chill are a broker, any issues occur with their product providers or finance companies. I've found smaller brokers to be that bit more diligent.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

I was with Aaron insurances, harolds cross. Great service. Chill bought them. Renewal by Aaron inside Chill was good. For the crack I got a quote from Chill themselves. Much dearer. At 2nd renewal, I am assuming the Aaron office inside Chill is now gone. Zurich were cheaper than Zurich from Chill. Tried to contact Chill, couldnt get through. Tried them a couple of more times, couldnt get through

Goodbye Zurich via Chill - hello Zurich via Zurich.

That's fairly standard with any broker though - When you join first you get a great deal, but the renewal is where they get a bit chunk

e.g. €400 first year with them...renewal might be €500 and they'd allow you to negotiate down to €440...easiest extra money they'll ever make

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Bojill

Expensive compared to going direct.

• Advertisement

I would disagree with that as a 'new' customer. For renewals though yes, I would agree

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Bojill

No worries, in my experience they have always been more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I was with them twice and couldn't fault the service. They were cheapest for me both times I was insured with them and found the customer service very helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Signed up with Chill for Liberty Insurance over the weekend.

Where I paid the deposit and agreed to monthly payments by direct debit.

I got an email off Close Brothers on behalf of Chill looking for my documents.

The Total Payment under the agreement is a few hundred more than what Chill quoted me.

Not sure if I am doing anything wrong.

Has anyone dealt with Chill lately?

Advertisement