Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 NFL season - Regular Season Thread - Picks etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,832 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

9-7 last week, 17-15 for the year

Steelers @ Browns

Ravens @ Patriots

Texans @ Bears

Raiders @ Titans

Chiefs @ Colts

Bills @ Dolphins

Lions @ Vikings

Bengals @ Jets

Eagles @ Commanders

Saints @ Panthers

Jaguars @ Chargers

Rams @ Cardinals

Falcons @ Seahawks

Packers @ Buccaneers

49ers @ Broncos

Cowboys @ Giants

Very few home teams for me in my picks...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,856 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Pickens with a Catch of the Year contender, it'll be hard to beat 🔥

• Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Week 3

Sunday 6pm

Ravens @ Patriots - Ravens

Texans @ Bears - Bears

Raiders @ Titans - Titans

Chiefs @ Colts - Chiefs

Bills @ Dolphins - Bills

Lions @ Vikings - Vikings

Bengals @ Jets - Bengals

Eagles @ Commanders - Eagles

Saints @ Panthers - Saints

Sunday 9.25pm

Jaguars @ Chargers (9.05pm) - Chargers

Rams @ Cardinals - Rams

Falcons @ Seahawks - Seahawks

Packers @ Buccaneers - Buccs

Sunday Night 1.20am

49ers @ Broncos - Broncos

Monday Night 1.15am

Cowboys @ Giants - Giants

• Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Can I get a neutral opinion on John Harbaugh?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,329 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well I can't stand the guy but he keeps getting to the playoffs.

It appears he has great knowledge of defense. I've always questioned how much he knows about offense and I've never been enamoured with his selection of offensive co-ordinators outside of Gary Kubiak and Jim Caldwell who both spent a short time there.

I don't think they've ever got the best out of Lamar Jackson. They've put him in a bubble where there's a lot of safe throws unlike when he was in college where he took chances and killed teams. You shouldn't be worried about the stats, just let him loose.

Get a young guy like Jeff Lebby, Sherrone Moore or Josh Gattis, he'll be hard to get because he'll likely be a head coach somewhere next year I think. You could go with older guys like Bill O'Brien whose done a great job in the position at Alabama or even Jeff Grimes whose doing a great job at Baylor after grooming Zach Wilson when at BYU.

He seems to always go with guys who have no real history as innovators. You need that when you have a massive talent like Lamar.

• Advertisement

I watched the game last night, it was very entertaining. Gotta say that right at the end I couldn't believe that Tomlin went for a field goal on 4th and 1 at the Cleveland 17 with under 1.50 left and only one timeout.

They were nine points down but you are going onside kick. Chances of getting a TD even if you are successful recovering the ball are very slim but getting into field goal range is realistic.

Imo you gotta go for the TD in the red zone.

I'm a big fan of Tomlin so it surprised me to see him make what I consider a very bad decision. Maybe he just doesn't trust his QB enough.

The play at the end just went haywire ending up in their own end zone with a Brown on top of the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,861 ✭✭✭Christy42

I think the logic was that if they kick the fg and don't recover the onside kick then it would still leave time for that one last gasp play if they stopped them which they managed, just the play didn't exactly go their way.

So more a bet against the onside kick maybe? Plus their offense was performing bad enough that getting the 19 yards and getting the yards needed for an fg with time left felt about the same as a hail mary. Curious what they change on offense, they are predictable and inefficient. Something has to change for that team to wins games after some good defensive performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

How are things going in other games? Bears game has been as bad as you would have expected. Bears can't get any passing game going, the Texans are probably having their best game of the season so far and still look very very limited offensively.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,640 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Patriots really shot themselves in the foot with 3 terrible turnovers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

Wow some crazy close games on Redzone great stuff. Josh Allen couldn't spike it in time for the FG

• Advertisement

Mac Jones in agony after hurting his ankle while taking an awkward hit in the pocket. It's as if it is a physical, dangerous sport and injuries can happen to any player no matter where they are on the field...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Farcical that Tagovailoa was allowed back into that game. He was clearly concussed.

The oc for the bills lost the plot in the box at that ending. Miami defense stepped up today considering how many minutes they spent out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Very happy with how the eagles on both side of the ball played in the first half but again the offense scored zero points in the second half. Devonta smith had a day to remember. Jalen hurts has clearly improved his deep ball and having some good revivers to throw to also helps.

Post edited by Itssoeasy on

Saw a tweet that he had to he be carried down a stairs and was screaming in agony.

There should be repercussions for the Dolphins but it'll be swept under the rug. NFL putting out ads during every game about how they've reduced concussions and go and do that - the usual talking out of both sides of their mouth

He was acting far worse than Lance did last week when his ankle was going two different directions last week. Hopefully it isn't as serious, losing starting QBs just makes the league less fun and want these young QBs to keep developing and see where their ceilings are

I didn’t see what happened but knew he left the game.

The NFLPA are reportedly launching an investigation into how Tua’s Concussion situation was handled.

Dolphins are claiming it wasn't a concussion and that he had back spasms.

Not sure if I believe that, he was definitely struggling to walk off the field.

Hopefully Mac is alright but he is taking some awkward hits this season. He was certainly in more pain than Lance but he does seem to be a bit more expressive in general and I am guessing getting carried off is more painful than getting carted off even if the injury isn't as severe.

Herbert played decently all things considered, some things were obviously off and they relied on his arm far too much and kept him in long after the game was decided.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

How the niners managed to throw away that game is beyond me, shanahan drives me crazy, sooo mad at that game.

kind of came down to QBs at the end, Russel was able to make plays, Jimmy G couldn’t

• Advertisement

Tua walked down the tunnel without any assistance. I thought he was concussed when he was leaving the field but when I seen him walking on his own I wondered if I'd got it wrong and clearly I, like so many others, had got it wrong. There's no way he'd have been let back if he had a concussion. It's independent medical professionals who make these decisions.

On Herbert, he clearly wasn't right and I thought it was very foolish playing him in that condition with his starting center out. He could have taken a lot of hits as the middle of the line didn't hold up very well. luckily for him he got pressured a lot but not hit much.

The game is so unpredictable these days.

I don't think you'd have got very big odds if you requested a price for one of the Bills and Chiefs to win yesterday.

Is Jalen Hurts now the favourite for MVP?

I was thinking about him yesterday. He was the starter for Alabama and then got dropped for Tua, he goes to Oklahoma and breaks almost every single season record set by Mayfield and Murray. Mayfield and Murray were first picks in the draft, Tua went at five and Jalen went in the second at 53.

Is there a chip on the shoulder and a huge desire, kinda like Brady, to show everybody how wrong they were to doubt him? He's certainly better than those three now.

Certainly when the Chargers were 28 points down keeping Herbert in seemed reckless.

Can't find odds after last night but Hurts should be up there. I guess between him and Lamar but I can't imagine Josh Allen has dropped too far behind either. I never know what they value the most and it depends on that a bit. There are a few others as well not too far behind. Should be a fun season in any case.

Lamar 10 pass TD, 2 rush TD, 749 pass yards, 243 rush yards, 63.6% comp, 2 int, 8.5 yards/att

Hurts 4 pass TD, 3 rush TD, 916 pass yards, 170 rush yards, 67.3% comp, 1 int, 9.3 yards/att

Allen 9 pass TD, 1 rush TD, 1014 pass yards, 113 rush yards, 71.2% comp, 2 int, 7.7 yards/att

Not the best offensive display from Jimmy or Russ but there was some high quality punting🤣. Seemed like a lot downed in the 5 yards which proved a key difference when Jimmy stepped out of his own endzone for a safety in a close match.

I can't believe that people are putting the loss on Jimmy's safety. The Broncos needed two field goals after that to win it

Jimmy G has a pool of haters, he's a nice guy so they are very sad people.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Not on his safety per se, but his overall performance and that of the offense more generally. He missed a few easy throws including two that would have gone for TD's, lucky not to have a couple of INT's too.

Its all part of the Garopollo experience unfortunately, you get some good and some bad.

A lot of the offense comes from the run game and when they are in must pass situations they tend to struggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,224 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

If you're down 9 and go for the TD and dont get it, you need 2 more possessions. The FG was more likely than the TD, you then need 1 more possession. Even if you score the TD you still need another possession anyway. I reckon there were no good decisions but the FG makes sense to me

Josh Allen remains favourite. Hurts has gone into essentially a tie with Lamar and Mahomes depending on who you are betting with. Obviously betting odds are not exact odds as they will follow what the markets are doing.

I can see why Hurts isn't higher, I think the Eagles style of play will hinder his personal stats which will effect voting. Not fair but means I think he will lose out to any QB close to him in level of play in the final voting.

Tua and Herbert are the next level down. Herbert is the main one that surprises me there, he is hurt, his team has a lot of injuries which will effect his play at least in the short term. It seems likely to also effect their record which is already 1-2 and record will be a bigger factor in the decision making process than I would personally like.

I need to check what it is exactly, but my picks in week 3 was an utter disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭collybyrne

7-9 takes me to 28-20 for the season. The less said about those picks the better!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,640 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

Advertisement