Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Los Angeles Rams thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭NedsNotDead

My nerves are seriously on edge. Really hope Jared Goff proves the doubters wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

It could be worse.

We could have Matthew Stafford as QB.

Did you see how bad the lions were this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Optimus Caesar

Great to see coach Vermeil inducted in to the hall of fame.

Disappointing for Holt but his time will come.

Kupp fully deserving of the Offensive player of the year award. Its utterly ridiculous that his season wasn't shown more love in MVP voting. Rodgers and Brady had fine seasons, Kupp's was historic.

Also fair play to big Whit on the Walter Payton man of the year award. Big Whit is an exceptional human being.

It's been a great season for the Rams. Let hope they top it off on Sunday night.

Just over 4 hours to go.

I was so confident the last two weeks. Now I'm less so.

My nerves!!!!

Just when we looked in control, it all changes.

Huge loss if Beckham is out of the game.

Stafford has been superb so far.

Let's hope that missed extra point doesn't come back to haunt us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭NedsNotDead

WORLD CHAMPIONS BABY!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Super Bowl was grand. Even the last 2 minutes of 4Q was exciting. Rams won with a goal- line-like defense on their 49 yard line as the seconds ticked away.

Wow, at one stage in the second quarter I thought we might run away with it.

At the end I don't know how we won it.

Kupp and Stafford, what can you say?

We did get lucky on the holding call to give us an extra set of downs for the winning TD but it cancelled out the Bengals TD at the start of the 3rd quarter which should have been called back.

Two big monents for the rams was the 4th down conversion obviously, by our best running back of the night in Cooper Kupp 😜. and also keeping the Bengals to a FG after the interception in the rams 1st offensive play after the Bengals TD at the start of the 3rd.

Thankfully the extra point miss didn't cost us.

This was one of the best NFL seasons I can remember in my 27 years watching the sport.

Leaving aside the rams win, there was so many exciting finishes and games decided on the final play and also so many teams in contention for the playoffs in the final week.

Enjoy the off season my fellow rams brothers and sisters and see you all back here next year for the back to back 😜

Well after a day for the dust to settle and a rest, that was a tense night.

What can you say about Stafford. Amazing performance and should have been MVP. He's down Higbee, down Beckham Jr., down Woods. They know that he only has one guy he can trust and they know he can only pass it to Kupp and he still gets it done. Astonishing performance by Stafford. Kupp was also great on that last drive - especially on the 4th down run - but Stafford was the man for me.

Injuries nearly derailed us. If Beckham remains healthy I think we win that game comfortably. He was having no issues getting open.

I've seen "fans" moan about the soft holding call on 3rd down near the end and while I don't like that they let stuff like that go all game and then start calling it after the 2 minute warning, after the missed face mask on Ramsey for their TD to open the 3rd quarter I don't care. If that missed call had decided it, I've have been pissed.

I too have been a fan since the mid 90s so I've seen some good and lots of bad years. I didn't really appreciate the 99/2000 super bowl win as I expected a few more to follow. I'm sure gonna savour this one.

So another season is about to start.

We have a target on our backs this year but I still think we'll be battling it out for the division and who knows after that.

Can't wait.

• Advertisement

Couldn't ask for a tougher opening fixture.

It's great to be back

Dreadful start. Back down to earth with a bump.

Buffalo justifying early favouritism for superbowl success this year.

Score probably flatters us. Those 3 turnovers in first half kept it closer than it was.

Ramsey's form continues to be a worry.

Wow, nearly threw that away.

We are conceding big scores so far.

God help us if Kupp gets injured.

Yeah, nearly snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Some very sloppy play in all phases.

The defence looked a bit more like it last night.

Offence needs to step up bigtime.

We did get lucky a few times. Arizona dropped a fair few easy catches.

Still always good to get a win over a divisional rival.

Terrible couple of weeks. Offence so poor and running game is non existent.

We're in real trouble.

O-line is a mess... injuries decimating a line that wasn't that strong to begin with.

Will be a miracle if Stafford doesn't get badly injured. He gets zero protection.

O line is awful but the running backs do tend to run in to blockers a lot. Not good enough.

Second half implosion.

A tough watch.

Kupp picking up an injury at the end to top it all off. Hopefully not too serious.

Playoffs already looking unlikely.

• Advertisement

Yeah I'd be shocked if this team makes the playoffs given the schedule we have to go through.

First pick in the draft maybe?

Horrific season

Rough season ruined by injuries.

Can enjoy the playoffs without any skin in the game now.

Injuries hit us hard.

Hopefully players returning to fitness and finally seeming to get some sort of running game going will spur us on next season.

Now we're out of the playoffs I might start turning up for work on time on Monday mornings 😃

Well I admit, I wasn't expecting that result.

Stunned.

Not to be, but really played well in the 2nd half of the season.

I never thought we'd get remotely close to the playoffs at the start of the season and with Puka Nacua, I genuinely think we have a superstar on our hands.

Get the kicker issues sorted and who knows what might happen next year.

A very positive season for the Rams.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,321 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I was shouting for the Lions because of how long those fans have had to suffer but I feel sorry Puka Nacua, 180 yards and he's on the losing side.

Yeah, first playoff win in 32 years. It's been a barren few years to say the least.

They have a great chance v the bucs or eagles next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,321 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I really hope they go all the way. I'm a big fan of Dan Campbell, he has balls of steel.

Just on Puka, to be fourth in yardage in your rookie season is quite incredible and theres a lot of great receivers in the league. He was great after the catch too.

Advertisement