Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FIFA 23 Ultimate Team Thread

• 31-08-2022 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭

Web App - TBA

EA Play/Early Access - commences from Tuesday 27th September. There will be no additional early access for EA Play subscribers this year.

Pre-Order (Ultimate Edition) - full access to the game from Tuesday 27th September

General Release - Friday 30th September

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Hope it's okay to create this new thread for everything FIFA 23 Ultimate Team?

We're now just 27 days away from pre-order access and you may have heard that there was a leak yesterday which allowed some Xbox users who had pre-ordered, to be able to gain access to the full game before it was patched a couple of hours later!

As a result there is plenty of information, images and videos circulating online of gameplay, ratings etc.

What are your plans for Ultimate Team 23 then?

Any early thoughts on your strategy, potential starter teams etc?

Fire away guys! 😀

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not going to think too hard about team building strats until I see what I pack.

i reaasassly want a Park Hero card though.. 😂

• Administrators Posts: 53,335 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I'm tempted to go Serie A again to be honest, though there was no really exciting Serie A inward signings this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Played the beta… gameplay is a lot slower. Players like Verratti and Thiago were a joy to play with and could actually hold their own in midfield.

The beta is just kick off though, right?

Gameplay is usually different for the offline modes vs UT, but I hope you're right!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Sounds like the ratings should be starting to drop from today and there's a fair few changes from what was found in the codebase after the XBox leak.

Loved my Serie A team in FIFA 22, and it looks a great starter option again this year, but looking at the ratings I think you could end up maxing it out early with nowhere to really go from there.

On paper I'm thinking of going La Liga this year, 1) for something different but 2) I think there's a lot more progression options to aim for over the weeks.

That said, I won't commit to anything until I see what I pack. With my 12,000 FIFA Points and 4,600 to come from the Ultimate Edition, that's 110 of the 7.5k packs. Chances are I'll pack something of note (I've had years where I have and years where I haven't), but even if not, at worst it'll give me 250k-ish to kick things off and a stocked club to easily do all the starter SBC's which offer decent rewards.

On another note, Messi and Ronaldo look finished as usable cards. Messi with L/L workrates and Ronaldo with agility and balance in the 60's and 70's. Crazy!

Web App has been confirmed for next week, Wednesday 21st September.

Post edited by BrentMused on

How does the early web app access work?

You can basically play FUT in it's entirely, except you just can't play any matches?

Yeah, basically you can do all of the SBC's, trade, open packs, build your team etc.

I don't like using it though. I much prefer doing everything on the console.

With the release of the database I was playing around with the squad builder. I can't figure out if I think the new Chem system is going to be great or awful for the game.

On one hand I'm thinknig there should be much more varied squads and not just coming up against the same template over and over.

But on the other had I think it's possible to see even more teplates without the need for direct links. For example I think we will see a LOT of mainly prem teams but with Tchouameni, Camavinga & Mendy for the first few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭polarbearhead

Apologies if this is a stupid question, going to get back into fut after a few years away, what the story with the pre season thing in fifa 22? Can you get packs for fifa 23 through it?

Yeah, some objectives and SBCs will end up with you getting stuff in the new game.

Web App out tomorrow then, and it will be Web App only until the Ultimate Edition releases on the 27th.

You'd never previously been able to purchase FIFA Points on the Web App but my guess is you will be this year and the whole reason EA will have done that as well as having no early access gameplay is to encourage the purchase of FIFA Points for a week as there'll no way of playing any gameplay until the 27th.

I always load up €100 worth of FIFA Points on day one and have gone into the reasons and the advantage it gives a few times on here, but I always enjoyed opening the packs on console. The disappointment just doesn't feel the same on Web App! 😅

That said, it doesn't make sense to wait until console release on the 27th as people who purchase and use their FIFA Points on the Web App will be miles ahead at that point, so presuming you can I'll just buy and use them tomorrow evening.

Keep everything META, try to get the starter SBC's done and sell everything else, using the coins accumulated to start trading.

This year will be tricky to gauge as we have the combined PS and Xbox transfer market, so way more supply.

It'd be interesting to hear what everyone's plan is for starting tomorrow. 🙂

👀 It’s happening.

Have they really added a team to the EPL?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Avon8

Was just thinking il use the Fifa points they give in drafts, which should give me a better return than gold packs and help me learn the game this year and players I like.

Might limit what I can do on the app until Tuesday though

Lasso, the Richmond stadium and the kit/badges will be in FUT. Coach Beard too.

players will be in career mode, with face scans.

honestly, I think this is going to be seen more frequently this year. There’s chatter of a Marvel team, with FUT versions of Iron Man, Thor, etc. Natural next step in promos, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Peload failing on origin and fut web app not yet working. EA really bad organising anything.

Happens every year 😂 They announce a time and the first few hours are a disaster on the servers.

• Advertisement

First reward pack for returning, IF Duarte. That's a handy chunk of coin to start trading 😂

• SBC rewards are now untradeable. They do give 100k packs to be fair instead of 50k packs, but still, starter SBC's are the biggest coin generator/way to kick start your club for the vast majority of players at the start of the year.
    • Limited to 30 slots on your transfer list, which impacts the amount of players you can sell, thus having a big impact on the ability to trade
    • You cannot purchase FIFA Points on the Web App

It's going to be a long 6 days until the console release next Tuesday.

I was fully convinced they were releasing the Web App early to fund more FIFA Point purchasing and I would have understood their reasoning with that, but I have no idea why they've bothered to release the Web App with the above.

Even completing the starter SBC's is virtually impossible as the price of bronze cards are through the roof due to how stagnate the market is, never mind the price of golds and silvers!

It's not even out an hour for most and already the general player will have nothing to do until Tuesday.

WTF?!

I'm just going to wait for the console.

You won't miss out on a thing, to be honest.

In a way I'm glad the Web App is so poor as I can open my FIFA Point packs on the console, which I much prefer.

30 spaces on the Transfer List is the biggest one there. That's an absolute killer for trading.

Is that a permanent change? Used to be 30 but you could upgrade to 100 in the catalogue.

A permeant change to 30 is a real kick in the teeth.

Hopefully, although they did away with the upgrade altogether a few years ago didn't they and you just had 100 by default.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

The new chem system has not been tested at all for SBCs, multiple are currently impossible to complete.

Around the World requires 11 players, all on "Exactly 2 Chemistry Points" and "Min 24 Squad Total Chemistry Points"

You need exactly 2 chem on each of your 11 players, 2x11 is 22, how do you get exactly 22 chem while also getting Min 24 chem 🤔

• Advertisement

I’m looking at the transfer change and thinking I’m going to hold off splashing out for my usual starter points bundle.

30 slots is nothing and I can probably fill that up with just general coins from my preorder bonus and division rewards. I’ll see what the preorder points give me before making a decision, but might actually just lay off trading a bit if they are going to up the ante against us 😂

Advertisement