Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hocus Pocus 2

• 01-11-2021 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭

Pretty impressive cast lined up for this. Doug Jones presumably reprising his role as Billy Butcherson. Sam Richardson is fun in I Think You Should Leave on Netflix and also in Werewolves within.

Watched the original again last night and it really does hold up for what it is which is a kids movie. I hope the sequel doesn't try to overly complicate things and keeps it short, the original is a tight 90 minutes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,273 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Won't watch the trailer since only a few weeks to wait.

Though trying to decide whether to watch at release or wait until Halloween.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,818 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I am hyped for this, love the original

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Looking forward to seeing this movie. Will probably wait til the first or second week in October, as will re-watch the first one beforehand with the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,273 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Dropped in Disney+ this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,335 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Watched it tonight and enjoyed it. I was kind of worried it would be a big disappointment as I loved the original as a little girl but thankfully that wasn't the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I watched it last night, I did enjoy it. Nearly 30 years since the original I thought it would be a let down but very enjoyable with a few laughs. I watched the original nearly every Halloween as a child so maybe the nostalgia factor had a bit to play in my enjoyment of it. Was kind of hoping for a Ice and Jay cameo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I enjoyed it. Take away the sentimental value of the first film and it's an ok film, an above average TV movie. This film is probably on a par with that but I'm obviously a lot older watching it for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Have to say I enjoyed it. Better than what you'd expect a 29 year old movie sequel to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I enjoyed it.

There were parts that felt very contractual orientated with Sarah and Mary seemingly getting more lines.

Even Billy getting a bigger role. Could also be to do with popularity.

Was a bit disappointed we didn't get a cameo from at least one of the three of the first film.

Or even get ghost Binks in from NCIS.😃

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Billy having a bigger role might be down to the fact that Doug Jones is now a much bigger name with his role on Star Trek Discovery.

Advertisement