Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Need advice on where to shop for clothes

Options
  • 11-09-2022 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

5'2 in height / depending on clothes - I would be a 10 - 12. Cup - 34c...Late 40's...

Shape more hourglass than pear I think!

I really really struggle to find clothes that I think look well on me! They are either too long, too tight on bust...or I just feel they dont sit well on me at all.

I would say, of the clothes I purchase - 95% of them I bring back / send back...

I am going away in a couple of weeks with some friends - and really want to look and feel well for the trip...

Has anyone any advice on where and what I should shop for? I'll give anything a go! Any online recommendations?

thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I'm a serial returner at the moment as well, finding it really hard to get stuff I like!

Take a look in M&S, the autumn stuff is in and they have some lovely bits. Bonus that they often have multiple leg lengths in trousers!

Also - Mango, & Other Stories, Massimo Dutti & Mint Velvet. H&M had some lovely bits this week when I was in too.

As for outfits, depends on where you're going but for a casual look this time of year some straight leg jeans (dark denim), a knitted jumper or cardigan with a nice cami top underneath, and something like loafers would serve you well. Swap out the jumper for a blazer to bring it up a level. Even a pair of trendy trainers would be great with that.

As is always my recommendation for threads like this - get fitted for a bra! If it feels like everything is ill-fitting in the bust, it might be the bra.

And make pals with your local dress maker, sometimes really quick fixes can make stuff work. For example getting a blouse in the size up to fit the bust, they can put some darts in the back to make it fitter everywhere else, or just taking up skirts, long sleeves. Time consuming though!

Advertisement