Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

• 13-09-2022 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,952 ✭✭✭✭

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom – Coming May 12th, 2023 – Nintendo Switch

The title for the sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild has been revealed! The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom will launch on Nintendo Switch May 12th, 2023.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭jj880

Looks excellent. Only reason Ive been hangin on to my Switch this long.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,952 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

We have the cover art as well. It looks fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Looks great. I like the way it's not anything like I was expecting. It looked at bit like Skyward Sword, but then it's a proper seamless dive through the clouds to the land below. And that strange glider thing that Link lands on. And it seems to be huge vertically ... Yeah, Nintendo going to take open world games in a fresh direction again it seems ...

Edit: art style still great. I hope we see a bump in specs for a Switch 2 release.

Edit: watched with sound now 🙂 out of work meeting. Yep, going to be great.

The game's official website is live. There's not much there yet, just the new trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Quick! Over analyse everything including the logo and how the Master Sword look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Sold! When can we pre order? And who will guarantee I get it on release day

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Len_007

That’s my summer holidays next year sorted

The cover artwork in high quality.

https://mms.businesswire.com/media/20220913005856/en/1570001/5/ND_Zelda_Lead.jpg

Nintendo gave us a clue to the game's title before but we didn't know it.

You thinking they might launch a next gen Switch with this game?

• Advertisement

On Reddit r/tearsofthekingdom was created 9 days ago.

I'd like to see this in 60 FPS. The art is still beautiful at 1080p.

They have no competition in their space ... but to allow other companies and games more easily port to Switch they need newer hardware.

It's definitely due a hardware bump at this stage.

The earlier trailers had some doubt but the latest trailer is without a doubt captured off current Switch hardware.

Previous trailers were probably captured on dev kits or PCs running at higher resolutions which is common even for Nintendo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

7 tears... 7 dungeons?

Hopefully we are returning to large dungeons for items and progression!

I felt all those shrines added nothing to BOTW and the 4 beasts just felt smaller for it. Be nice if the breaking weapons thing was dropped too.

Thing with the dungeons is that if a couple of them are **** - as was the case with the Water Temple in Ocarina, the Great Bay Temple in MM, one of the Windwaker ones which I cant remember - you can spend days of not enjoying the game.

Id like to see Shrines again. Maybe not as many.

I did Ocarina of Time with zero help from any external source. Perfect !

Yep, but you can get totally stuck. Kinda reduces the game when you do need to look up a solution. Especially if it's due to bad game design.

Yeah Id like to see that also. On Switch and its successor at the same time like BOTW on WiiU and Switch. Switch successor wouldn't be a day one purchase for me but Id be watching closely to see how the game compares on both and maybe get next gen for Christmas.

Here's how you pronounce Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, Nintendo says

It's tears, not tears.

That tears it, I knew this would end in tears.

Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom ANALYSIS!

We've finally learned the title and release date for Breath of the Wild's sequel. The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom closed out the recent Nintendo Direct, and we're here to analyze it all! We explore the new story details, gameplay segments, changes to the world of Hyrule, the Zonai, the title & logo, brand new theories, and so much more! All this and more in our in-depth analysis of the release date trailer for The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom!

Timestamps:

0:00 - Opening

1:12 - GX Intro

1:21 - The Logo

2:03 - The Master Sword

3:43 - Less Literal Master Sword

4:40 - The Dragons in the Logo

6:31 - The Stone Pictures

9:05 - The Second Stone Picture

10:36 - The Third Stone Picture

12:46 - The Fourth Stone Picture

15:39 - Revival Theory

17:15 - Another Stone Theory

18:22 - The 7 Gems

19:13 - Gameplay Transition

19:34 - The Big Doors

21:55 - Link Running

23:17 - Link's New Key Item

25:23 - Sky Islands & Large Tower

26:46 - The Dragon

28:46 - The Stasis Clip

29:53 - The Cave

30:44 - New Enemy

31:14 - Link Climbing

32:28 - A Wide View of Hyrule

36:21 - Egg-Shaped Devices

38:36 - Glowing Markings

39:59 - The Bird

41:38 - The Scale of the Adventure

44:14 - The Cloud Barrier

45:04 - Official Artwork

47:06 - Conclusion

I'm not going to watch/read any more stuff about this game after that last clip from Nintendo. Nothing more. I must resist. 😊

• Advertisement

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom's Zonai text translated

"When the sun shines, the moon shines. When the moon shines, the stars shine. When the sun sets, the moon turns red. Daylight comes and goes, but the sun never shines."

There's a bit more going on in the story as well, like discussion of the 2 dragons in the logo and whether the green smoke at the start of the original trailer has characters that can be deciphered, they say it's too difficult to know as it's continually morphing. It's an interesting watch.

Preordered now. Countdown is on!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭barryribs

Anyone hear anything of a limited edition of it? BOTW had the mastersword, was hoping for something similar

I’d guess we’ll find out in a February Direct. I have the Master Sword from the BOTW edition but had to repair and reglue the Silent Princess flowers as they got knocked off. They were very flimsy.

Nintendo lists The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom for $70

Nintendo have since removed the price, but we don't know if it was accurate or not. I certainly hope it's not.

Breath of the Wild is, and always has been, €69.99 both digitally and physical when bought direct from Nintendo. €10 more than other first party games.

If it’s 69.99 USD will it be 79.99 Euro lol? Either way it’ll be €50 when you use a Game Voucher.

I paid 70 for it

• Advertisement

If that US price is true, and "If not an error, it will be the first time Nintendo charges more than $60 for a standard Switch game" as mentioned by Video Games Chronicle.

Which could well mean €80 for us Europeans. We'll see, maybe later today or the coming days. I prefer to buy physical games where possible and owning them properly.

I think there's going to be a definitive edition within the year for the launch of the Switch successor, looking prettier, loading quicker, running in 4K and 60fps, and maybe with a new hardware gimmick. And there'll be others, like Bayonetta 3. I think Platinum Games expected there to be a Switch Pro on the market by the time Bayonetta 3 launched, but Nintendo's plans changed.

Advertisement