Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2022 NFL season - Regular Season Thread - Picks etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,165 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Ready to be hurt again. Let's go.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Anyone interested in a Just for Fun survivor pool, enter your picks here: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058205075/nfl-survivor-pool-2021#latest

• Registered Users Posts: 39,416 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So the field was replaced in solider field two days ago and while I think it’s eased off a bit it was lashing rain in Chicago an hour ago and the drainage isn’t working so they had to push the water off the field and according to the FOX NFL pre game show, parts of the field aren’t bedded in fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Ah football every Sunday night for the next 5 months..... what a time to be alive!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭tripperman

High hopes this season for the chargers, great to have football back

• Advertisement

7 HOURS OF COMMERCIAL FREE FOOTBALL STARTS NOW!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,484 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Patriots offensive line is awful. We have no hope of doing anything if it doesn't improve.

Miami looking great against us but I don't think they are that great, thtyce a serious roster but Tua is getting all the time in the world against a tired defense who've spent most of the first half on the field.

Bears just got called for a hilarious penalty. The holder on a FG attempt brought a towel onto the field to soak up a bit of water from where the ball would be held for the kick.

Flag thrown. It's unsportsmanlike apparently. Knocked us out of FG range and we had to punt.

Is that specifically for kicks? There's towels on the field all the time and thrown on the field before the snap.

Not sure of the exact rule but my best guess would be that the penalty is for not removing the towel from the field. The holder just left it on the ground behind him and it could interfere with play if there was a bad snap and players start running around/step on the towel.

Still an awful penalty to get which prevented us putting 3 points on the board.

If the penalty was for the act of soaking up water with the towel then Jesus christ..

• Advertisement

Eagles 24-14 at the half. Both sides of the ball started poorly but got going and it hasn’t been perfect but AJ brown has gotten into the game since then and the eagles defense has come alive.

Was a slow burner but its getting interesting in a few games

• Registered Users Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

DA BEARSSSS!!!!

Jesus Christ the eagles will give me grey hair if this is the level they are at this season.

AJ brown looks good though but that run defense or I should say lack of one barely got it done against the Detroit lions. The lions offense out scored the eagles.

The last 30 mins have been mental

So a tie week 1 between the Texans and colts and I’m only getting the full story after concentrating on the eagles game.

The chiefs S Justin Reid is kicking after the chiefs kicker turned his ankle and Reid is money.

Daboll has balls going for two that late in the game to take the lead. Fair play and it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Mahomes is nothing without Hill!!! 😂

I can't remember anybody saying that. I heard lots saying the opposite, that Hill would struggle in Miami.

• Advertisement

Dak has been awful tonight. Bucs D has been good but Prescott has thrown a lot of balls off target. Their running game has been good but they are not using it enough.

The Bucs lead 19-3 and they've been pretty poor in the red zone. Fournette is playing really well but he's got very few opportunities near the goal line which is very surprising. I think they'd be up a lot more if he was used, they've one touchdown from I think six visits deep in Cowboys territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Plenty said that Mahomes would regress without Hill to stretch the field for him and Mahomes is believed to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder about it. Nine different receivers, five passing touchdowns, and no interceptions is a nice rebuttal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Ah come on, this is completely manufactured chip on the shoulder nonsense that is always laughable when a very successful player does it. I understand players using whatever they can as an excuse to motivate themselves but dont try to claim there is any real validity to it - I've called this out before with other players in the past too. Mahomes was one of the favourites for MVP in the offseason and the Chiefs were one of the SB favourites.

I'd also throw a bit of caution that the Cardinals look even worse than expected. Will be interesting if he keeps up such strong form against the Chargers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Yesssss.......bring on the dark Sunday evenings/nights ;)

I think Von Millar has joined another SB winning team, they were very impressive.

Geno Smith currently 12 for 12 for 98 yards and 1 TD.

Seahawks lead 10-3 currently but they lost Jamal Adams, likely for the rest of the game.

And just like that there's a hole in the Seahawks defense and Jerry Jeudy goes 67 yards for the TD to tie things up.

Well this has been a pleasant surprise so far from the Hawks side

Seahawks win 17-16 over Russell Wilson and the Broncos. In fairness Geno Smith did well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Christy42

Geno did well. No idea what that was from Hackett at the end. Why make a kicker go for a career long there? You have time and timeouts. You have to believe in Russ on 4th and 5. If you don't then you are dumber for trading for him. Stick the game in his hands rather than going for the 2nd longest kick ever with a kicker who is 1 and 8 from 60+ yards (and the 1 was 61 yards). Then why do you show off all your timeouts by using them on the kneel downs? No effect on the game but just makes you look bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭collybyrne

11 - 5 to start the season. The Colts and Bengals really screwed me out of a good week! Very enjoyable weekend of football. Thought the Chiefs looked absolutely incredible. Mahomes looking a different level again. Pity the Cards weren't more of a match for them though, their D never really asked any questions at all.

Chargers Raiders probably the other stand-out game for me with Herbert picking up right where he left off. For all the promise McDaniels brings to the raiders along with their off-season additions, you still can't help but feel their ceiling will always be limited by Carr. Not that he's a bad QB by any means but he's clearly a level below the best in the league. Standard is so high these days, especially in the AFC.

Tough start to the year for any Cowboys fans out there. Was really looking forward to seeing the evolution of that offense with Cooper gone. I read today that best case scenario Prescott's back week 6. Here's hoping you guys can stay competitive until then.

Anyways, great tot be back. Chargers and Chiefs on Thursday night should be another cracker.

Advertisement