Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hope Beer

Options
  • 04-01-2017 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭

Picked up one of these in SuperValu today. Handsome Jack IPA 6.6% to be exact, made in Howth.

Currently priced at only €2.90.

Mightily impressed with this. It has a great grapefruit citrus flavour that doesn't overpower and balances perfectly with the double-hop infusion.

My new favourite beer... so much so that I had to post about it.. and might be something to do with the strength of it too. ;)

http://hopebeer.ie/

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Their stout is excellent too and well worth checking out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

mrcheez wrote: »
    It has a great grapefruit citrus flavour that doesn't overpower and balances perfectly with the double-hop infusion.

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

What?

It's good n stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

The brewery is beside Howth Junction train station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

It's good n stuff

yeah that's fine, but what does that sentence mean?

It's total nonsense.

• Advertisement

Is it? It clearly says that it has a grapefruit citrus flavour which can be overpowering in some beers but is just enough to compliment the hoppy taste which results from the two types of hops they use.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Is it? It clearly says that it has a grapefruit citrus flavour which can be overpowering in some beers but is just enough to compliment the hoppy taste which results from the two types of hops they use.

"Double-hop infusion" is the sort of guff big brewery marketing teams come out with. Handsome Jack has 4 hop varieties in it, fyi.

Was very impressed with Hope's offerings at the RDS last year anyway.

Ah I was trying my hand at beer tasting descriptors ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

It's a very tough crowd in this form but I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Way to go lads. Slow clap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭cjonesy1

yeah that's fine, but what does that sentence mean?

It's total nonsense.

charming

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Had their new export stout the other day, pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Gwinn

Just reviving this thread as I've got into Hope's offerings over the last while...

Has anyone been to their brewery in Howth Junction Business Park? Do they have a taproom/shop that anyone can go in and have a pint, or do you have to have booked the tour?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I haven't been but I'm pretty sure you have to book. They're not set up as a taproom.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Gwinn

Thanks, yeah I certainly got that impression off their website. Might have to round up 5 friends and just do a tour at some point!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,036 ✭✭✭✭neris

Drink their stuff on draught regularly. Hop on is my go to now or Pass if you can if theyve run out of Hop on. Few pints of Handsome Jack will have you going home early

Advertisement