Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Marriage [BBC]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,355 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Enjoyed it, two lead performances are very good. The gym scene was incredibly awkward

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭appledrop

I love Nicola Walker but I found it incredibly boring at times, maybe thats the point I don't know.

The scene at cemetery was absolutely heartbreaking though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I missed episode 1 but watched 2 tonight.

Liked it and do think the sense of hum drum is part of it.

The opening and closing credits music is appalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭appledrop

I couldn't sit through it again tonight.

24h in A&E instead, much more interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Sandz066

Watched episode 2 as I thought there was some glimmer of hope at end of ep 1 that there'd be some developments. Absolutely dour stuff. I understand they're trying to highlight the mundane realities of the day to day and complex relationships but god almighty there has to be some actual story developments between the mundanities.

• Advertisement

I'll stick with it to see what happens but there's too many unlikeable characters. Even the wife comes across a bit of a ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

its grim up north

That waiter fella is a complete mentaler too alongside Sean Bean and the boss. Very strange show

• Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

They all seem a bit “damaged “ for want of a better word…..and the long silences….jeez…..I thought we’d have to sit through the duration of the daughter reading the father’s letter….in silence🙈🙈🤯🤯

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

was she putting cream on his mickey?

Post edited by fryup on

• Advertisement
Advertisement