Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

La Vuelta 2022

Options
  • 16-12-2021 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭

Route announced just now. Interesting, not quite the typical Vuelta of the past few years. Start is a TTT in Utrecht. No Covadonga or Angliru, the northern mountains are at the end of the first week. 30km ITT. High altitude,over 2500m, in the Seirra Nevada on stage 15. A 133km stage with 2 big climbs and a 30 odd km descent to the finish.

https://www.lavuelta.es/en/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Looked through the route just now and noticed a welcome return of the traditional Madrid finish. With the potential of a deciding mountain stage just north of Madrid the day before makes it an excellent option for a weekend trip. Part of that route mirrors a stage from 2019 where some of the Cat. 1s are reachable by bike from Madrid.

Have been in Madrid for the 2017, 2018 and 2019 finales and enjoyed thoroughly. It would be even better if the Ceratizit Challenge (Female Vuelta) overlaps the final two days but those stages have not been announced yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

All set, a little over 4 hours to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Should be a good one, has 6 past winners but can only assume 1 will be in with a chance.

The Veulta usually throws up some nice surprises in regards the podium so can't wait to see if Roglic will be in firm or not.

A win for Sam too!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

which channel is showing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,867 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Eurosport.

Doesnt seem to be any Tg4 coverage this time.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement

Quest have highlights in the evenings, can be viewed on their site too if I recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,036 ✭✭✭✭neris

Great in going to marbella next week for a few days and a stage finish and start in 2 nearish towns and coming home a few days before. Second time in last few years I've missed the vuelta in the "area".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

I'll in Spain later this week and heading to the Puerto del Piélago KoM for Fridays stage 19 around Talaverna de la Reina. Does anyone have a good sense of road closing times etc in regard to getting to/from the stage? Its not in the roadbook and while the 2-lap stage commences just before 2pm, I expect I'll need to be there (not driving the race route) before that. It would be good to ensure that I dont get there too late, or miscalculate when I might get off the stage afterwards.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,498 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Ayuso going to end up on the podium I think. Mas will have a bad day as per usual and the young man will get in the podium and take over from Mas as the next big Spanish superstar.

If Mas could get away from Movistar I think he could turn into a great one.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

He’s only after signing a new contract until 2025 with Movistar, he’ll be 30 by the time it finishes so I’m not sure he’ll ever get the chance to be a main GC contender for a team that could actually compete and doesn’t have Movistars clown tactics

• Advertisement

It's amazing what Movistar have become given how far back they go and the success they have had. Out of all of the teams and even without the netflicks stuff they would be a joke now vs what they used to be.

Time to kick out the dinosaurs I think.

Advertisement