Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Open competition for appointment to the position of Crime and Data Analyst (EO Grade).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Jane2021

Same

• Registered Users Posts: 43 SavageSpuds

Yes I got an update yesterday morning. But it was in regards to Dublin, so the shortlisting is being done separately for each county/region and only people who chose Dublin as one of their location choices received an update regarding the shortlisting results yesterday. That was what it said in the message

• Registered Users Posts: 5 monalisa2704

Did any others parts of the country receive an update other than Dublin?

Sometimes wish these PAS competitions where you can chose a couple of locations would give you an estimate of how many positions are likely to occur in each location. Seems like Dublin is where the majority of the positions are based on the way they're progressing those who chose Dublin as location choice quicker than everyone else. Would be nice to know how likely other locations are of having a few vacancies for this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭houseyhouse

I applied in Galway and have heard nothing since the test results last month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 EllieKelly123

No. I applied for Kilkenny but heard nothing since Stage 1 results.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ccmarch

I applied for Waterford and didnt hear anything since S1 results.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 NewInGalway

Galway here as well and nothing yet since last month. Fingers crossed!

I applied for Cork and heard nothing since S1 results either.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Mc123

Same in donegal\sligo area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 BlueMoon2008

N/A

Post edited by BlueMoon2008 on

Anyone else who chose Dublin through to the next stage of the process? I've an interview next week, they started interviewing candidates today I believe.. good luck to anyone doing one soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mols2022

Congrats @SavageSpuds best of luck with the interview. is it online or have you to go somewhere for it?

still haven’t heard anything since stage 1 results. Hopefully will hear something soon.

Thank you! Yes it's on zoom. Thank god, hopefully they never go back to in-person interview haha.

They're getting us to do a presentation exercise thing, so last week they sent us a presentation brief which we had 3 hours to prepare, and we have to deliver the presentation during our interview, and then have the actual interview. So fingers crossed it goes well, it's full on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lauraarm

I'm Tipperary and Limerick and still haven't heard anything. It's a bit frustrating as I really want to change job and this is holding me back. I've a Hons Degree Criminal Justice, Masters Human Rights in Criminal Justice and a Cert in Psychology of Criminal Behaviour. So it would be an ideal career. Otherwise I'm considering doing a new qualification to change career path. As not easy to get work in that area and especially down the country. I wish there would even be an update if it were to say they're currently no any positions at this moment and you're on a panel.

I'm Cork and I just got a message about my new OOM after shortlisting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lar18

I was either 11 or 13 for Wexford and 19 in Waterford. Just got stage 2 results and I'm out of the competition. Very disappointed, especially after such good placement in stage 1. Good luck to everybody who is progressing

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭WednesdayGirl

Just got an update on shortlisting for Westmeath and Roscommon. Anyone any idea if there be many jobs? Seems a big campaign to run for 1/2 positions a county

• Registered Users Posts: 4 willowmee

Just got update after shortlisting for Donegal with new OOM. No mention of next stage. I guess we just wait for another message?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭WednesdayGirl

Sorry to hear that, sounds harsh after such a high placing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 mols2022

@SavageSpuds how did the interview go? Any advise for someone doing it in another county?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Benlee1966

No.2 OOM for chosen location; waiting to see what happens next.

Hard to say re advice, presuming everyone will have to do the presentation exercise, know how you got the results for your presentation i.e. where you got the data and how you converted it from whatever format it was online to the format you used to do up a table/illustrate the data. Apart from that just know your competencies and your examples and you should be grand.

Interview was ok, the board were super nice. But felt I didn't do great myself, cracked under the pressure 🙄 just have to wait and see

Crikey @lar18 that's terrible, do you know for sure you're out of the competition or just assuming based on how much your OOM went up? Honestly that's how I felt at first when the shortlisting was complete, my OOM went up by over 50 places, I lost hope but then got invited to stage 3 so you never know.

No idea re how many positions there are, but it did say in the booklet that the majority of the positions will be based in Dublin and there's no guarantee of a position in every county, so it's possible there'll be no positions in some counties...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CDA2022

Has anyone who picked Dublin as their location preference heard anything further from PAS? I got through the interview stage and was placed on the merit of order but haven't heard anything since

Same here... got put on the OOM for Dublin but nothing since. Wondering how many positions they have available to start with... hopefully something will come of it eventually! Wondering if anyone outside of Dublin has had any more updates since the shortlisting results? This is a slooooww competition...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CDA2022

Yeah it would be nice to know - the process started in March so hopefully we will hear something soon. Think I'll give it another few weeks and then might send an email asking for an update on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Creel

I contacted PAS the day the interview results came out and asked how long it would be before people who passed the interview would be assigned. PAS said they were waiting on AGS to advise how many people they were looking for before beginning the clearance process. They said I would be contacted when they reached my place (I was top 10 for Dublin). Presumably they are still waiting on AGS to come back to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭houseyhouse

I applied for Galway and got a message on Tuesday about Stage 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭RichPersonInsideAPoor

What OOM are u for Galway?

Advertisement