Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NOS 17" CRTs For Sale

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

@dav09 - I’ll send you the money by PayPal this evening. Thanks for sorting this!

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭dav09

No prob and thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Would I be able to reduce my amount to 4 instead of 5. Was supposed to get one for someone that hasn't the need anymore.

All good, that's no problem thanks! Can either post of arrange something else if you want to collect or maybe meet somewhere, send me a DM if you want thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

I can't seem to create PMs right now (😅), so posting here - Payment sent and happy to chip in for fuel and meet you somewhere convenient around Dublin.

• Advertisement

Perfect, recieved it thanks 😀

Will start shipping next week and will try get as many as possible to people as soon as I can

Post edited by dav09 on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Inviere

Minty fresh, very generous of you to donate that OutRun DX to me too @dav09, what a treat...

No prob, glad someone finally took me up on the buy 60 CRTs get one clapped out Outrun Dlx offer 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Dave I sent the paypal the other day.

Does anyone have a source for suitable frames? I've a few frames here but not sure if they are small enough.

• Advertisement

Thanks folks. There should be some suitable frames for them I can even ask supplier, I'm sure one could be made fairly easily too.

Also I suppose to to be clear for everyone else, what's in the photo above is what's included. So unfortunately doesn't have a frame and also doesn't have input/ power wire but most cabs should have them already, or could be just soldered on anyway, I believe they are on ArcadeArtShop for cheap. If anyone is not happy with that and wants to cancel let me know just want to make sure they're 100% on what they're receiving thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

Are there any chassis left over from this deal? I could do with some, especially if there are medium-res Intervideo chassis available.

I should have some spare, some more chassis are due to show up so might be a few weeks before I have spare chassis. Maybe @BGOllie knows if they do medium red if you had time to test the multi sync chassis yet?

Also @80s Synth Pop kindly has offered me his spot for me to drop tubes and chassis off, does this suit everyone? Near Newlands Cross. Will aim for later this week but will give a bit of notice thanks.

Post edited by dav09 on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

Thanks. I have a faulty Intervideo chassis in Silent Scope, which is 21" medium res, so a replacement for that would be very handy. Collection won't be a problem.

Heading to Dublin tomorrow, apologies for the delay it's been a busy few weeks. Hopefully @80s Synth Pop is around and I can drop some off there to be collected if that suits most people?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Are any of these remaining? I can collect if 1 is still available.

Yep no problem still a few left, collect from Limerick or Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Thank you very much @dav09 and thank you very much to @BGOllie for being so kind to collect them and hold on to them until I picked them up today. It was amazing to see your collection and projects @BGOllie , just wow. The children are already annoyed with my ranting about it... Special thank you for the bits which shall end up part of a cabaret..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

• Advertisement

Perfect I'll leave one for you at @80s Synth Pop place as that's where everyone seems to be collecting them from, not too far from the Red Cow. I'm doing to drop off tomorrow so can take PayPal or Revolut whichever suits.

Cheers Dav09 for delivery :D

They are here ready for collection lads. Send me a message to arrange collection. 2 mins from Newlands Cross by car.

The power and video connectors are the same as hantarex mtc9110 and you will need these cables separately. If you are making up the cables you will need:

Video connector 6 way: https://ie.rs-online.com/web/p/wire-housings-plugs/5091663 

pins to crimp:  https://ie.rs-online.com/web/p/crimp-contacts/6689381  

If connecting to a groovymame pc, just cut the vga cable and crip on to the above for red green blue hsync vsync and gnd pins.

Power 3 way molex: https://ie.rs-online.com/web/p/wire-housings-plugs/6704001

And pins to crimp to a standard power cable/plug for power: https://ie.rs-online.com/web/p/crimp-contacts/7978720

Not sure if these need an isolation transformer or if you can connect straight to mains? Still have to read the manual.

These will go into an arcade1up if you extend the back a fraction. That's my project anyway.

Thanks again Dav09!

Thanks again and hope everyone enjoys! Really looking forward to seeing what everyone can do with them! Really glad I got them in the end and glad we all could enjoy them.

So I recently got a Paperboy which I managed to haggle down a lot due to the chassis in it not being a wells gardner. Turns out coincidentally it's the same as the regular intervideo chassis that came in the shipment above, I'm not sure exactly how they did it but they are definitely modifyable to make them work on medium res as asked above. Whether it's just a pot or something else I'm not sure. Also the tube is 20" on the Paperboy and it drives it no bother too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Ah crap, I missed the Dublin run, been a busy few weeks here

I left one there for you! Just give a shout to @80s Synth Pop I knew you wanted it so left it in there as it was easiest for me, thanks

Collected mine today, thanks a mill dav09 and 80s Synth Pop (and indeed for the very thoughtful parts list above).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I’ll grab my two on Saturday if that’s ok if you are around ? Thanks again for organising this, dropping and storing !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Deadly, I’ll revolut you and sort out to collect from him over the weekend

There's no panic with it glad you can get sorted with the monitor

• Advertisement

Hi all, anyone left to collect just drop me a message and I'll send you the address & phone number. They are available to collect any time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement