Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How many beers do you drink a week ?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭patmahe

About 6 x 600ml bottles a week, usually in batches of 2 at a time. Want to cut back from that though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Depends week to week. Usually on weekends it's 6 to 8 cans a night and maybe 2 to 6 drinks drinks on a weekday twice a week.

Trying to cut down overall. My first thing to cut is any and all Sunday drinking. It is really starting to effect my sleep and thus my work week. I do be wrecked until Wednesdays. Only had the two beers over the whole day yesterday and although I'm not as well rested as I could be (Fri and Sat were both heavy nights out) but I feel better than if I'd had more beers on Sunday. It's the days in a row with no break that hurt the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 truthseekerxz

Reading this thread makes me glad to realise I’m not the only one with a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Drank an awful lot in 1 sitting back in the day, 15 pints plus on a session and maybe do that twice a week. Was usually after playing a rugby match on saturday and then prob do the same again on Sunday. Cut down big time in my early 30s when I stopped playing and did other things with my weekends. Just wasn't arsed.

Stopped almost completely at start of covid but then myself and the OH started drinking at home a bit, came to enjoy it. Just a few bottles of beer, nothing major.

Went out Friday straight after work and never ate, ended up in a mess and embarrassed. I'd say I had about 12 to 15 pints and not used to that any more. Won't be doing that any more.

Beer in moderation is a beautiful thing, being drunk is horrible

• Registered Users Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Didn't have a drink from Stephen's day 2019 until January 2022. Covid mostly - pubs closed, was working hard and don't like drinking at home.

Anyway, went back and now go out to the pub about once every three or four weeks. Usually have about five pints if I don't have the car. Otherwise it's sparkling water all night.

One thing I noticed - no matter what I drink - any night I do go to the pub my sleep is regularly interrupted by having to get up and urinate. Usually three or four times a night which means a broken sleep and I am tired the next day. If I don't go out, I sleep fine.

Any solution? I don't recall it being this bad in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Is it possible you're overdoing it with the pints of water before bed? I've recently started having a small glass of water with a dioralyte and it's working a treat for me.

Thanks for reply

since I went back drinking I haven’t drunk water before bed.

Since posting in August, the problem has got worse. Last month I was up 11 times in one night after six pints of Heineken. A couple of weeks ago I decided to drink vodka & white on a night out. Result was a marked improvement - only had to get up twice during the night. May just have to stop drinking pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

That sounds pretty abnormal, never happened me before and I put them away at a decent rate. If you're having 11 slashes in a night after pints I'd be saying it to my local GP or I'd reconsider having pints whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭victor8600

I drink 3-4 pints twice a month, whenever I go out. Probably twice more than that on holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 rodderss

I do well to have a couple of dry nights a week,not really a pub person just like to unwind with a few beers infront of the TV. Need to get a hobbie i spent way too much time on raising kids and my career.

• Advertisement

drinking vodka for last 5 months. Will have to get up once during the night or sometimes not at all. Big improvement. Also can go without breaking the seal in the pub.

Advertisement