Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Raw Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,727 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

An invasion of released superstars?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I’m presuming he’ll be stalking AJ, like a super fan, who takes it too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,085 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I like Lumis. Good comedy character.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Lets hope its wont have elements of that Trish/Mickie James super fan storyline lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Nah... That would be way too progressive for WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lashley defending against AJ Styles, should be show stealing main event, new fresh match

Meh not a fan of that new intro video, don't find the tune great either (love my nu metal themes of old)

Why was the US Title match not the main event?

I think Ezekiel's dad might want to get a paternity test done. His kids look nothing like him. 😀

So are there Drew McIntyre swords available on wweshop?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭ThePott

Another pretty good Raw.

Glad, they didn't have some sort of return this week. It would have gotten old and they need to show they can keep the show good without them.

Promos were excellent this week, the Drew/KO one being the stand out. This week felt like they were finding the balance between HHH and Vince. Theory got more prominence and the Ezekiel story got more play for example. Then again Ciampa being presented like a beast and the midcard titles feeling important felt like more momentum in the right direction.

While I definitely don't think Theory needed to main event, I do think it was nice to mix up the last match now and again, especially as he needs to feel like a bigger deal since he's holding the MITB. Again really enjoying the Lumis appearance, more blatant this week but liked the background teases and cutting to an ad so abruptly was a good move. It just feels like the matches have more weight behind them and the quality is there to back that up, certainly less complaints.

Sidenote - That's not a new intro, right? New footage but same theme, it's just rarely played.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

That KO/McIntyre segment was really good. The Ezekiel stuff is funny but not sure where they go from here with it now ..

I’m presuming the feeling is the end of the second hour is when the most watchers are there, so that’s where the “main event” has been the last two weeks. That, and since Theory is Mr MITB, giving him a main event win isn’t a bad idea. If the idea is he’s meant to be a credible challenger for Roman, Drew and co, they’d want to give him more than one TV win every four months….

I'm sure there's a lot more to it but I do wonder if Drew's 'kip up' is partly a cause of his current back issues. He's a huge guy and that's a lot of weight to be powering off the mat and directly down onto the legs and back.

Also there was another guy with well documented back issues who used it in the past, a heartbreaker some might say..

McIntyre accent is nearly as bad as Becky's it really takes me out of the moment.

He is great in the ring but I think he would he a proper mouth piece manager

The child Elias, oh my God...

That is peak professional wrestling 😂

Vince is was a fcuking genius when it comes to that kind of entertainment

Hunter wouldn't try that Elias-Ezekiel just wouldn't do that kind of entertainment with the talent.

I like how he's in full wrestling gear in the bed.

The 'bother' in blue reminds me of David Earl in his Kev character (Derek by Ricky Gervais)

• Advertisement

The intensity and passion from both Drew and KO, pure epic in those promos

Ziggler to be fair always delivers in ring, wonder will he have another go at Theory at CATC

I was sure Riddle would trip in his flip flops coming to the ring

Has Rhea forgot her title match opportunity against Bianca to focus on leading "stable Judgement" against Mysterios, beating the guys

Trish back tonight, to announce Evolution 2 PPV or be fed to Bayley or Rhea?

Edge vs. Priest also

Post edited by JP Liz V1 on

Oooh Evolution 2 wasn't even a possiblity I thought about.

That first one was a banger, would have excellent potential and be a great indicator too that Triple H is giving women more spotlight than Vince.

Chad Gable is great, needs a single push

That was a nice return to keep hidden from the dirtsheets 😁

Another solid Raw all around in fairness.

Great Raw. A part of me is almost annoyed that with the Summer coming to an end I'll have to get back to making another 2 plus hours for wrestling cause it's worth watching again🤣

Tag title tournament semi was a good match and thought they used Trish well in the opener and love how seamlessly it went from the promo to the match. Asuka and Iyo is match that is going to slap when it finally happens.

Dolph and Finn match was excellent too although Finn's new theme is ass. Really liking Kevin Owens going back to his sort of NXT persona. Definitely in keeping with the Triple H playbook so far. Lumis dragging the Miz away was awesome, so well done and enjoying the hell out of how he's being presented.

The Gargano return was a nice surprise, they were so casual about it but I think on the main roster he has the potential to be one of their key babyfaces, having him acknowledge all his NXT accomplishments and keep the continuity with Theory was a nice touch too, him coming out so close to Lumis is suspect though🤔

Main event was also great and Beth getting involved was expected but fun. Wonder if we'll get Judgement Day vs Edge, Beth and Rey at Cardiff.

Poster in Cardiff has Dom, Rey and Edge vs Judgement Day

Lumis kidnapping Miz and getting cheered for it, only in wrestling 🤣🤣🤣

Who was the other fella that attacked Styles they made sure to get a shot of his face too?

I don't think it was anyone or maybe it will be revealed that Lumis has developed a followers. I assumed they only made sure to get the face shot so they could show it wasn't Lumis.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I presume it was to explain why security weren’t able to catch Lumis this time. They were too busy already.

Is it a coincidence that Lumis kindnaps Gargano’s partner’s partner right before his return? 😂

loved the Gargano return. Raw has been so much better in recent weeks.

Advertisement