Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MADNESS Dublin 6th August

• 02-08-2022 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

Looking forward to this on Saturday night.. Many on here going ?? Hopefully the gig the following night in Belfast won't effect attendances.. Madness always put on a great show, and Squeeze are a great support act to have also.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

It's a fantastic double bill. Between them, they've got a great history of really brilliantly observed pop songs. I'll be there.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

I hate madness

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭patmahe

Off topic but I read the title and instantly assumed this was about Dublin Airport... carry on, enjoy the gig :)

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭skaface

Don't worry about it.. I love them.. Soundtrack of my life..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CubicleDweller

Madness always put on a great show and we were really looking forward to this - had tickets since it was originally scheduled, way back. Now we can't go - the other half has Covid. 😔

So I'm looking to sell the tickets (at face value). I've put them up on toutless.com are there other sites I should list them on as well? Any other tips for how to get rid of them?

That's unfortunate, Toutless probably ur best bet, as there are tickets still available for it.

Thanks, Skaface They're good seats but it looks like there's more demand for standing tickets. Think I might need to reduce the asking price below face value to shift them .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭dasdog

If its a re-scheduled show you are entitled to a refund.

Go to https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000117353 and drill down to "Refund all tickets for any other reason".

Politely state "Hello, I cannot attend this re-scheduled show due to other commitments. Please cancel my order and refund my account. Thank You"

Worked for me about 5 hours before the Michael Kiwanuka gig as a better opportunity came up that evening.

Thanks, dasdog! I assumed that I'd have to have asked for the refund around the time that the gig was rescheduled. Since it worked for you on the day, I guess that's not the case. I have the tickets listed on 3 different sites now; I wonder if I should take them down and try for the refund. Don't want to sell them and then later find out that they've been cancelled; also don't want to wait ages for a decision on the refund and not have time left to sell them when it's eventually rejected. Hmm.... decisions, decisions...

Thanks for the info, anyway.

• Advertisement

Saw them about 8 years ago- maybe more-great gig - all the hits and more - nice having Squeeze as a support act -

Madness visit here quite regularly- there must be a loyal fan base or do many younger people attend of their own free will or are they dragged along by their dads? 😂

Bit of both id imagine !! Still have a great fanbase in lreland..They were Massive over here in the early eighties..They always put on a great show..Bringing my own youngfella along tonight, he's 25 and seen them before too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,818 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Can't find stage times anywhere. I want to see Squeeze

Hi dasdog.

Thanks again for that suggestion. I didn't go for it immediately because I wasn't sure that I'd get such a refund - but looking on their website just now I reaslised that I probably will. When you log on to the site and open up your tickets there is a "Need help with this order?" option at the bottom of the screen. Clicking on that brings you through a series of choices including one to request a refund. There's a drop-down list of reasons for wanting the refund and one of those is "self-isolating due to Covid-19" or words to that effect. So, it looks like that is officially a valid reason. Happy days. :) I filled out the form and am waiting for them to get back to me.

I never doubted that you got a refund, by the way. Just wasn't sure that you weren't just lucky, or that the rules they work to would still be the same. The "self-isolating" reason being listed as grounds for a refund makes me reasonably confident that I'll get it. Thanks again for the steer. Will post again to confirm if I get it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭dasdog

Well I hope you get it, gotta speak up sometimes. In my case a free ticket to see Amyl and The Sniffers/Weezer came about that afternoon so I just chanced my arm with the re-scheduled gig consumer rights. I was amazed how responsive they were.

Yes, they respond pretty quickly. I got an email within an hour saying my refund was approved. Should show up in my bank account in a few days. (I paid by debit card.)

I've often moaned about Ticketmaster and the extortionate booking fees they charge but I have to admit that I'm pretty impressed with their customer service on this occasion. And you're right, dasdog - if you don't ask, you won't get.

What a great gig last nite..Madness were in top form as usual..Big crowd aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Great gig, great atmosphere but very loud. Found it tough near the start, then ears got used to it a bit. But fierce ringing in the ears when I got home.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭krusty411

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,256 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Managed to secure a spot 1 back from the barrier, pretty much in the middle of the stage. There were plenty around me of a similar "vintage". Those of us who make the effort to get there early and bag decent spots can get really annoyed when people push from the back, expecting us to let them through. there were quite a few probably in their twenties and thirties trying this during Madness. They inevitably fail to get past me but will then try someone else, typically a small middle aged woman. If I see that I will step in and prevent it if it's within a couple of bodies from me. The guy next to me actually laid into one person trying it and I had security over as one particular individual was causing a lot of hassle to a lot of people and eventually he retired a little further back to make himself less conspicuous (had a similar incident last week with Paulk Weller, but this time it was the middle aged woman causing the problems - she managed to put the lit end of her cigarette on my arm, which I almost literally swept off but she was causing all sorts of problems to many around me and I suspect it was not only tobacco in that cigarette - anyway she got herself thrown out altogether as she refused directions from security staff to retreat to the back of the crowd)

I guess it's a risk at gigs with significant standing areas where the artist has a diverse (certainly in terms of age) following. It was actually a lot less rowdy for my last time at the 3Arena with the heavy rock/metal combo of Europe, Foreigner and Whitesnake)

Anyway, I had seen both acts back in December in Sheffield. I was very impressed then, although the attendees were much less rowdy. Madness had a bigger stage with more props then, but made up for it with an even better performance on Saturday )which possibly encouraged some of the problem makers)

Anyway a few pics

No Chris Difford, but still a bit of a tight Squeeze

And Madness duly ensued

I'll put some more up in the Gigs for 2022 thread

• Advertisement

Funny you mention middle aged woman causing problems- had similar at a Bryan Ferry gig in Trinity a few years back , complete with cigarette -- bouncers eventually put manners on her- by her behaviour you describe I’ll bet it was the same person.

Advertisement