Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Love Island 2022

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cezanne

wow tasha 4th place?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭deisemum

Tasha and Andrew 4th

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭SunnySundays

Davide & Ekin Su are going to win!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

It’s gonna be 3rd Dami/India, 2nd Luca/Gemma, 1st Davide/ES.

I hope so the public love Ekin & Davide ! hes delicious to look at and so is she !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

Really hope it isn't Gemma and Luca.

Its a fix if its gemma & luca

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

No way Gemma and Luca are beating Davide & Ekin in the public votes , rigged if they win this

They have soo much personality Ekin & davide, cant lose. Gemma is a cardboard spoiled little rich kid boring as ****.

Luca feels he's changed for the better, he must have been some piece of work beforehand then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭rocky1813

Big Brother back in 2023. Can’t wait. Tried to watch Love Island but it’s been so dull especially this year.

YEAH !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,957 ✭✭✭bren2001

Luca is fuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Looks like Whitmore forgot to do the keep/steal the money part at the end. What a dumb blonde.

Delighted Ekin Su and Davide won, pity we didn't get to see Luca's reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

Did I miss the 50k winnings? Do they split it equally,

Luca raging !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭Sarn

I had to check as well. They got rid of keep/steal this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭furiousox

Really gonna miss that shrieking bint.

CPL 593H

bet Luca thought they had it in the bag ! ha ha ha karma we didnt like you at all !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Dami seemed kinda pissed they came third, probably because they finished behind that tosser Luca

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

That BB ad gave me CHILLS! See ya'll over in the BB thread 2023!

• Registered Users Posts: 84,808 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I wasn't following religiously but glad Gemma and Luca didn't win, I liked Danica and Tasha

I'm not sure any couple will make it past 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

I found the this years series quite bland all in all. It needs a shuffle and the producer interference rapes the show of its' authenticity. The most entertaining parts of the show have always been completely random.

I thought Ekin0Su and Davide thoroughly deserved to win. They both seem like a bit of craic and they definitely brought great drama and entertainment to any scene they were in.

It has gotten too structured. Cringe moments like when one couple decides to " go exclusive " , or this crap about making breakfast, what's so romantic about spreading an Avocado over toast, hand delivering it to someone you only just met 4 days ago, with a specific cup of coffee every odd morning, give me a break ffs. The "chats" that go on are vomit inducing. I respect that the final dates are slightly extravagant but I actually thought they put the effort in there and I can live with them, if not the decrepit conversations between partners who know each other for no more than 4 weeks... harping on as if this was the eve of their wedding night. Keep the babies, it is a nice segment and I find it intriguing to see the more maternal attitudes of the contestants, particularly the girls. It always fascinates me how the women change from these vampish celeb wannabees into motherly dotes fawning and fussing over a fischer price Doll.... remarkable the way they transform between their modes, even the make up gets ditched for the day, the raw mother takes over, as the females commence motherhood. It is possibly one off the most honest and natural aspects of the show.

I reckon we need more action from that Hideout maybe? Easily the most creepiest part of the show. Everyone votes on which couple is going to spend a night of privacy in a secluded room with video cameras... dodgy enough..... but not half as dodgy as the almost tribal Morris dancing and hand clapping that the contestants initiate as the chosen couple make their way down the ramp to the private room. It is almost like a scene from a 1970's low budget horror movie, set in some pagan Utopia, were the only way the Pagan tribes' survival is guaranteed, is via the copulation of its' chosen couple. All it needs is a burning Wickerman beside the swimming pool, whilst the rest of the tribe hand clap around it dancing and gurnng away to the poor luckless fookers, who have to pretend that they are ecstatic about the fact that their imminent moment of intimacy, is about to be video taped by strangers they never see and potentially broadcast to their entire country? It fooking creeps me out bigtime, especially the way the girls are required to get all sexed up in their French Lingerie, whilst meanwhile the men are allowed in wearing baseball caps and swimming trunks... As mentioned before the producers of that show are basically video recording two people making out for the night, where is the aul GDPR on them recordings and who the fook is watching those? It gives me the shivers bigtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I'm glad that's over for another few months. The show really does painfully limp towards the end in the last week, the contestants are so self-aware of the show in that final week. I'm just glad that Gemma and Luca didn't win - I'd have loved to have seen Luca's face properly at the announcement. What on earth was Laura Withmore wearing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

I thought Laura Whitmore has been an excellent host. It must be really difficult to step into Caroline Flack's shoes with the dignity and respect that she has, fair play to her.

There is no doubt that Caroline Flack was a massive loss, not just to the show, but to all her fans and viewers who admired her and found her entertaining. It is so tragic to think that she is no longer around.

It just goes to embellish Whitmore's bravery in stepping into her shoes ( boots or stilettos 😃) with the respect that they deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

She announced at the very start of the show that they would not be doing that bit this year

Luca's face after Ekin Su and Davide won 😂

Ekin Su and Davide won by a landslide

They were comedy gold they deserved to win and they won by a large % because the public were afraid that Gemma & luca would win cos of her Dad. so they voted well to avoid this, brilliant.

• Advertisement

Love Island The Reunion starts in a few minutes.

Advertisement