Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The End of Time Part 2 - Spoilers

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

mewso wrote: »
    A big meh for me. Some good some bad. The ending was like Return of the King and I was muttering "At least Tom Baker went quietly" at the end. Must be something wrong with me as I didn't find the green spiky aliens bothersome at all. I know why they were there and it didn't annoy me.

One question I kept asking was what kind of copies of the Master were they. If they were exact copies how likely is it that any of them would willingly take on a role as an ordinary soldier etc.? Surely they would all be looking to take over the world.

Co-incidentally I was watching The Keeper of Traken the other night which features Anthony Ainley as The Master (my earliest memory of The Master) and at the end of the DVD there is a brief but touching piece with Ainley smiling at the camera and saying "Thanks Gov" before walking off screen. He sadly passed away in 2004.
    Yes he was very good as the master. And yes liked the way Tom baker went. Watching the old doctor whos have a bit of a hammer house of horror quality to them what with the organ type music but some great episodes from that period. But must say David Tennant did a terrific job. Lost interest after Tom Baker went and only really picked up watching series again in last two series.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,219 ✭✭✭✭Penn

mewso wrote: »
    One question I kept asking was what kind of copies of the Master were they. If they were exact copies how likely is it that any of them would willingly take on a role as an ordinary soldier etc.? Surely they would all be looking to take over the world.

I thought of that too, and think it may have made for a better story. They all seemed to think independantly of each other, as shown when the Master gets knocked out by the alien guard, and another version of The Master doesn't realise it. And The Master not knowing that it was an alien guard to begin with. The only thing I can think is that the rest of them looked and thought like the Master, but because they were still human bodies, they had no Time Lord powers, or the powers that The Master obtained (lightning, big jumps etc), so he would have been the most powerful one.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Yeah I also wondered why the Many Masters accepted Simms' Master as their leader. The Master rejects such authority and rules - always has, it's one of his core characteristics. If these people had been imprinted with him then it should have been utter anarchy.
    Then again he was somehow able to telepathically communicate with them al (despite them being human) and the clothes of all the bodies he took over somehow fit. In other words - we probably spent far more time thinking about it in a logical manner whereas RTD didn't and just did it "for the kids".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

ixoy wrote: »
    Then again he was somehow able to telepathically communicate with them al (despite them being human) and the clothes of all the bodies he took over somehow fit. In other words - we probably spent far more time thinking about it in a logical manner whereas RTD didn't and just did it "for the kids".

Tbh, the way that whole plot strand was just abandoned in part 2, I wouldn't even credit RTD with that. I think he just forgot & was distracted by something shiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 yaines

You know it's ok for you to love it and others to hate it. It's all just opinion :)

Yep, well aware of that thanks! Just wanted to let the other poster know that she wasn't alone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭corkie

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Advertisement