Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Winter Gloves

• 25-07-2022 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

Getting a bit ahead of myself here but I am trying to source a good pair of long finger winter gloves and came across these - MAAP deep winter gloves on the Alltricks website (I think) - has anyone heard of this brand or used any of their products before ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭cunavalos

MAAP are a well established cycling brand. Think of them as an Australian version of Rapha. Typically understated designs that look well and i can only go by their jerseys. I would say alot of their stuff is overpriced and it may just be me but i would never see Irish conditions requiring that level of investment in winter gloves.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭cletus

Galibier recommendations are going to become a meme around here.

Anyway don't have the deep winter glove, but I have the light winter glove, and find it excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 9,268 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Spoken like someone without circulation issues!

MAAP well established, but very expensive. I can't see a link in the post to the specific gloves, but also consider liner gloves as well, as a double layer really helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 breadevery

I have the deep winter gloves and they are brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭ARX

I have these GripGrab gloves and they're a perfect fit, haven't tried them in very cold weather as I got them in late February. The size (M) suggested by Mantel came up a little short - the size guide on the GribGrab site suggested L which fit perfectly.

https://www.mantel.com/ie/gripgrab-ride-windproof-hi-vis-thermal-glove

Post edited by ARX on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭flatface

I suffer badly from cold winter hands and have tried many gloves + layered systems most were disappointing.

For me the galibier winter glove padding thins out into cold bridges. The warmest for me so far were also one of the cheapest a crab glove:

I’ve tried thin gloves as liners in XL gloves. If there are any links to recommended liners, could you post them?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,268 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I tend to just use "running" gloves as liner gloves. I have some liner gloves I picked up pre-brexit from polaris - it's really whichever I find first!

Just for those with cold hands - I did get tested that there was nothing underlying my circulation issues. I was told that the most important thing is to keep your core warm, and it does tend to work for me at least (n=1 etc).

Advertisement