Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's bus number and best departure spot going from City out to Crumlin

• 23-07-2022 7:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Checked online, yeah it gives load of departures and times, but exact bus number and preferably some of the earlier stops.

I'm up Connolly station direction so if that below is a departure spot then it's ideal.

Citizens Information Centre (Dublin City Centre), Montgomery House, James Joyce Street, North City, Dublin 1, D01 H5F1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,218 ✭✭✭✭Victor

From Connolly Luas stop, get bus route 27 or 151 to Crumlin Road.

Crumlin is a big area. Put your exact locations & relevant dates & times into www.a-b.ie & tweak settings. Under "Trip options" & "Public transport" make sure you have selected an appropriate "Maximum walking time" & "consider nearby stops".

Use Google Maps, it'll tell you exactly where and when.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Donnie2022

Cheers thanks

Yeah I've walked the straight treck out to Crumlin many times from Dame street. I only start google mapping when I arrive there to look for exact location.

Yeah it's a maze

I only look to get bus if the weather isn't good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭john boye

If you want to get to Crumlin Village itself then the 150 is the best option. The 9 goes pretty close to it too.

Yeah I went looking for the 150's timetable one day and the street timetables had nothing remotely relating to Crumlin.

This one was the stop across the street from the Olympia or thereabouts

Saw nothing so I kept going

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭TranslatorPS

I wouldn't rely on the white-and-yellow DB timetables to provide anywhere near a decent route guide half the time. The points listed there are picked almost randomly and of course manually.

The 150 serves Clogher Road, Kildare Road, St Mary's Road, and St Agnes Road in Crumlin in that order outbound. Starting stop in city centre is Hawkins Street.

The 27 and 151 skirt Crumlin down along Crumlin Road and Drimnagh Road, the 9 does the same from the south along Kimmage Road Lower, Kimmage Road West, and Cromwellsfort Road. The former two stop just outside Connolly Station, the 9 stops along O'Connell Street.

Alternatively, the 83 serves Stannaway Road, Armagh Road, and Captain Road, with its "Kimmage" terminus somewhere in that road quad. That has a stop on D'Olier Street outbound.

All four routes then also stop further out along College Green.

Post edited by TranslatorPS on

Cheers. Yeah think the ones going from Connolly mentioned there a few times I will go with

• Registered Users Posts: 78,218 ✭✭✭✭Victor

"The 27 and 151 skirt Crumlin down along Crumlin Road and Drimnagh Road, the 9 does the same from the south along Kimmage Road Lower, Kimmage Road West, and Cromwellsfort Road. Both stop just outside Connolly Station." The 27 and 151 stop at Connolly, not the 9!

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭TranslatorPS

Yes, I must have added the 9 as an afterthought, because the "both" there refers to the 27 and 151 😅 Appropriate adjustments have been made.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Best departure spot is Ulster Bank/ Dame St. The 77A and 56A head up the Crumlin Rd too from there with all the others (9, 150, 27, 151 , 83) nearby.

• Advertisement
Advertisement