Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New car ceramic detail

• 05-07-2022 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I hope to be picking up a new car in the next month or so. I will be collecting it from Dublin (but I live down the country). In an ideal world, I pick the car up early, take to a Dublin based detailer straight away and have it ceramic coated and then I drive it back down the country later that evening.

Is this timeline possible/realistic?

Thanks,

Mike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,566 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Ceramic coating a new car is probably going to be a 2 day job by the time you've the car washed,decontaminated,machine polished and the coating applied

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Dutch Roll

Just to jump onboard this thread, I'm in pretty much the same situation. I know very little about detailing/protection and will be collecting my first brand new car next month.

Is it worth getting any additional detailing or protection applied even though it's fresh out of the factory? And if so, what would be the best treatment? I'm not sure what level of paint protection the car will come with, if any.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

Hi Mike,

I am looking at this service, would includes a cquartz nano coating. The website says the whole process is between 6 & 9 hours, so may be unlikely you could get it all done on your Tesla collection day :D

New Car Protection (car-valet.ie)

Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

Thanks.

I have contacted a few places for steps completed and prices and they are all minimum of 2 days as the coating needs to cure indoors in a clean environment.. €450 is the going rate for new car prep and 2 to 4 year ceramic coating…

Mike

Advertisement