Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fixed Penalty Notice for driving in bus lane in Northern Ireland

Options
  • 27-04-2022 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭

I live in the South and yes it was me, i'd pulled over into the bus lane outside the Europa Hotel where I was staying in Belfast, to see whether there was space to jump out and find where the parking for the hotel was.

I looked at the evidence and it was me, but what can they do if I live in the South?

I'm inclined not to pay as I'm rarely up there.

Can I make a representation saying I'd only pulled into it to look at the parking for the hotel?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

It's it worth the hassle to have outstanding issues with the cops over your own mistake? When you can resolve it with a small amount of money?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

You could always appeal it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

You can try and appeal that you were only stopping to look for parking, but I doubt it'd get you anywhere.

As for whether you should pay it, that's down to you really. I believe if it goes unpaid long enough there'll be an enforcement order out against the vehicle and you could wind up clamped or pulled over. Lots of fixed ANPR up here and PSNI vehicles all have it so you'd potentially be flagged as soon as you pass a camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

I've appealled and see what happens, thanks guys, I'll let you know what comes of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭AlanG

Out of interest was the evidence from a fixed traffic camera or a police officer? Do they have enforcement cameras monitoring the bus lanes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭9320

It's a fixed camera as far as I'm aware and is renowned in Belfast - think it caught a load of people first few months.

Yep - as I thought

The Hotel's website advises that parking is two minutes away

Valet car parking is not currently available at the Europa Hotel due to Government Guidelines for Covid-19. For car parking the Value Car Parks is situated on Grosvenor Road (two minutes walk) which offers discounted parking rates for our guests. For more information click here or please call +44(0) 28 9027 1066.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Ended up paying the fine before they started doubling the price. Will let the Europa hotel know too for a giggle.

I did appeal but was told you were in a bus lane end of

Ah well

Advertisement