Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dreams of a quiet airport

• 19-07-2022 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

I've just returned to Ireland from Seattle, connecting via Keflavik.

There were no PA announcements made in either Seattle or Keflavik. It was wonderful.

In Dublin, we arrived at the far end of the 100 pier. During the walk to passport control I heard at least half a dozen last and final calls for assorted Ryanair flights.

I really with Dublin would adopt a "silent airport" policy.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I don't particularly mind airport announcements. My main problem with them is that a lot of them are unintelligible and defeats their purpose. I find the announcements in Dublin very difficult to understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

At Seattle the announcements are made at the gate. If you're not close by you won't hear them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Noxegon

I guess that's how I missed the one for my flight – boarding had started when I arrived at the gate.

Either way though, the passenger experience is not improved by listening to an almost continuous stream of announcements in the terminal building. Less is more.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭sudocremegg

Yeah I was thinking this recently in T1. The place was mobbed, flights were delayed left right and centre. There was constant PA announcements every 20 seconds that ranged from shouting distortion to barely audible. It was non stop noise. Horrible.

• Advertisement
Advertisement