Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any tips on getting rid of house flies.

• 18-07-2022 6:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭

I have a friend who suffers badly from OCD and house flies landing on everything is causing them a lot of stress.

Any tips?

Homemade trap?

Bug zapper?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,916 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

It's near impossible to stop house flies getting in to a home especially with windows open etc. I personally invested in a fly screen gard for a door at the rear, I leave open when it gets very warm when I am home.

Net curtains are also a cheap alternative, allowing light in, air flow and a barrier to insects getting in.

Another cheap alternative is Mint plants on window sils , Flies , insects and spiders hate the smell of it .

Bug zappers work but Ironically attract Flies in , they'll obviously kill Flies already in the home but trying to minimise the chances of them getting in, is the trick.

My sense for your friend is net curtains may be a solution . But crucially, it important to minimise having any food left out uncovered, especially fruits and meats, I know common sense but it's important.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

The sticky things work unsightly but get the job done

Hang them up on the ceiling

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Fly Spray works. Close doors and windows then spray as you exit. I find here that it is new hatchings of ?eggs? that is the problem rather than flies getting in from outside.

Advertisement