Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Development- Barnoaks Citywest Co. Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kaviyarasu74

Did any one booked the property here?.How about the area, builders and stuffs,Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6 gmdh

@kaviyarasu74 : I am actively considering. I drove through the area over the weekend. The houses have come up. Looks like the internal works are ongoing. Regarding location - the LUAS stop, bus stop, shopping complex are at walking distance, However, found that many apartments are coming up in the vicinity. not sure of its impact on traffic and amenities in the area - will the area become too crowded ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sportshub

Hi there,

I have booked a property there.A bit concerned on the new apartments there ,seems like quite a lot of them .Would that be for social housing?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭DonnieCorko

Anyone any idea how much the 2 beds are going for?

375 for two

• Advertisement

@gmdh yes it is becoming crowded there,am bit worried that jobstown road is near by so just checking for safety for young family whose trying to move with new house in barnoaks

@Sportshub yes they are big apartments and got to know from some fb post says 47 of them are social housing but not sure that is true

Oh would you stop.

Jobstown Road is a good 20/30 minute walk away - you have the whole population of Citywest, Ard Mhor, MacUilliam and Brookview to contend with before you get even close to Jobstown.

Don't go near the shopping centre at night. Its over run with teenagers with nothing to do.

From the planning permission details available online, this projects includes - Construction of a residential development of 463 dwellings comprising 353 apartments, 89 houses and 21 duplex apartments, creche (c.587.8sq.m) and community building (c.141sq.m) as follows: (A) 353 apartments in 7 apartment buildings (with balconies or terraces [including communal terraces] 

I also read that "At present, all new developments must earmark 10 per cent of the units for social housing. Under proposals put forward by Minister for Housing Darragh O’Brien, new residential developments must now also include a minimum of 10 per cent of affordable homes."

so, I guess all new projects will have social housing ?

are the prices likely to come down ? guess all houses will get sold off quickly...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Citywest has been mercilessly over developed over the last six years. It's a testament to the greed of Irish property developers and the complete lack of interest the planning authorities take in relation to the people who end up living in these developments.

The cramped housing developments with insufficient parking are one thing but the sheer volume of high density apartment blocks being built up around there is truly mind boggling.

But I suppose the tiny and uninviting Carrigmore park is enough of a public amenity for the thousands of additional residents that have been and will be taking up residence in Citywest.

The residents action group seems to have given up trying to fight what's going on up there, the little guy doesn't stand a chance against big money developers.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭rosmoke

Lived in Citywest for 10 years and I have been avoiding the area as it is very crowded, traffic is horrible and it will be worse, a lot of anti social behaviour.

Half of Fortunestown is with social houses and a semi-d house there in 2013 was costing 60k to give you an idea, have seen burning cars, broken into cars & houses, broken windows, burned down house, folks going in/out of prison from the area.

Yeah ... I wouldn't buy a house a couple hundred meters away from all that and I am so amazed houses are getting sold there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,871 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

It's 20% now, but housing associations can buy up more units. It's a risk that you take when buying anywhere now even in mature estates, any house being sold has a good chance of being bought by a council or housing association

I've been around the area for a bit longer and while there are a few bad spots the place isn't that bad. There are parking issues around the new rental apartment blocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭rosmoke

Try visiting the local Lidl and you get a grasp of the kind of people that live there, 6/10 times you'd get someone in the queue that has to return/exchange something cause of not enough money.

My neighbours have never let their kids outside (they are 12 & 17 now), they let them without any issues in other areas and I would do the same as you can see the level of education those kids have ... (talking about Fortunestown here) Don't even get me started on the apartments from across Fortunestown.

I chose to buy a bit further but at least in a much better area, for my kids mostly and traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

I was in that Lidl once, was interesting, I do see people in pajamas from time to time around the Square but it was the first time I saw them wearing slippers as well, was a whole family of them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Glenveagh are decent builders. drove past these Friday and they look well finished. The area is not great though. Not sure about the not safe, just over developed.

too many houses in one area and the shopping centre can be rough, but a decent Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Last time I was up at the shopping centre there was a young scrote shadow boxing in front of the security guard. God I love Tallaght for all her faults.

Would the houses fall under the catchment area of Holy Family Community School, Rathcoole ?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 cdn16

We did book a 3 bed house and later decided to back off. We were interested in purchasing a house in Tandys Lane. When that didn't happen, as a last resort, we booked in Barnoaks (God help #Parklands!) but were never happy with the decision. I have been working in the business campus for over 5 years and renting nearby for about a year. We never really liked the area - feels too crowded these days and the usual not-so-good list about Fortunestown/Citywest/Ard Mor... It's a personal opinion. But before you decide on Barnoaks, do your research.

Hope for the best; but always be prepared for the worse.

Mostly ireland becomes more diverse and everywhere you go nowadays there is great number of mixture of people in any sort of form which is a good sign for future, i would like citywest so that my kid can grow with lot of diverse people by broad minded ,As i have drove to that place i feel like it is looks like early days of hounslow london(more diverse :)) offcourse there is a little of hate since tallaght and jobstown near by but they are all human right whether they stay in council house or wherever or whatever the job they do.Am grateful to book there even its crowded or not crowded where my kid can grow and learn in a big pond with lot of fishes rather in a small pot with specific fishes :)Sorry it is just my thoughts

Thanks you,i think barnoaks is bit better than parklands since all amenities near by (city west shopping,lidl,schools,creche)

• Advertisement

We bought a 4 bed off plans and since I saw the houses in person I feel its a worst decision ever made.All are tiny cramped tiny kitchens except the most expensive house units.Terrible!!!Would advise people to stayy off from this' off plan' strategy. Everyone i met was a quite disappointed especially people who bought 2 beds

I also got a chance to see the 4 bed show house and I must say its poorly designed. The kitchen area is really inadequate considering its a 4 bed house. Because of space constraints, it appears that, they have only provisioned for smaller sized (capacity) white goods like refrigerator, oven, stove top. Even the kitchen island looked tiny with no provision to keep trash bins and worktop space occupied by the only kitchen sink in the house. I was checking with Savills if the developer would be open to making any changes before handover, if the buyer was wiling to foot the bills, and the answer was a terse NO.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 laurenmooney92

Did anyone view the 3 bed houses? What’s your thoughts?

I have a beech type house reserved, but was unable to make the viewing last Friday. Have rescheduled the viewing of a birch type on Friday.

Is BarnOaks a gated community ?

Advertisement