Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Venues to watch Le Tour in Dublin city centre?

• 11-07-2022 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

I know this question has been asked many times over the years, but I wanted to check if anyone had any up to date info on where might be a good spot to catch a stage of the Tour live in the city centre? I've tried a few places over the years, the best I've done is Eurosport with the volume down (and multiple other screens showing different sports with volume!) or TG4 on a small screen in the corner. Covid might have shaken things up as well I assume. Any suggestions gratefully received.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Square ball probably show it. They bill themselves as a sports bar. Loliving room too possibly.

Bernard shaw in phibsboro had it advertised they'd be showing it last week but dependent on what else is on

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭TheNah

Good call on the Square Ball, according to their website they are showing it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,976 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Im pretty sure any sports bar with a heap of tvs will either have it on, or will put it on on request, only competing sport this week is probably horse racing. The Woolshed on Parnell st may be another option.

That said, there is an Italian cafe on Capel St that advertised the Giro when it was here and still has the little maillots in the window, may be a non-pub option...

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭superdog

Waterloo on Baggot St - big cycling fan

Advertisement