Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bus Eireann driver training programme

• 22-06-2022 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

Has anyone here applied for bus Eireann’s new driver training programme? I applied for it about a month ago for cork and heard nothing yet , anyone have an update?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Designator

Got invited to an interview for this Friday in Cork, anyone else going? Wondering what to prepare for

• Registered Users Posts: 26 TheGoatOne

How did you find it ? I had an interview and driving test in Cork yesterday too although I have a D licence already so it might have been a little different to yours. Going to Dublin on Tuesday for the medical. Thought the interview was very casual and straightforward and more a box ticking exercise than anything else. I suppose the driving test and driving safely is more important than anything for this role.

Thought it went very well. Didnt know what was going to be happening when I arrived friday first cause they just told me in the email that it was an interview so I didnt know what was going to happen. Went for a 30 minute drive in a small ford fiesta first with an instructor and another behind me in a following car, went through alot of roundabouts, onto the motorway etc.. Then went for an interview after this for about another 20 minutes just asking about my background and explaining the role etc.. Two very nice friendly ladies from HR , found it very relaxing and more of a chat than an interrogation. Then went for a 30 minute written test which was 15 minutes report writing and 15 minutes basic arithmetic questions. Found it easy enough once you take your time and think about it. Waiting for a call back now to see if Ive been accepted or not to go for a medical .. Then I have to do my theory test for my Bus licence and my CPC and they pay for the rest after that I was told, all included in the training. Hopefully this will give an insight to anyone else thats due to go up for their interview as well to know what youll be doing exactly..

Glad to hear it went so well for you. I’d say you won’t be long waiting for the call. They are crying out for drivers big time from what they were saying. I actually got my D license through the course at the Cork Training Centre and had already started that when I saw Bus Eireann’s training programme. Otherwise I would have gone for Bus Eireann directly with my B license. Think the training allowance you get is like €500 a week which isn’t bad? We only got €220 a week through the training centre.

And just another note for anyone going to capwell for their interview, the amount of lads I saw in the classroom with me when we were doing the exam questions wearing tshirts and shorts like, I know its warm lately but lads if youre going for a job interview anywhere, especially with bus eireann who like to have drivers neatly dressed in full uniform , at least have the common sense to wear a shirt and pants and be formally dressed to show some interest.

• Advertisement

Anyone else headed to Dublin for the bus Eireann medical on the 27th of this month? Not sure what to expect at the medical, never done one before

I did my medical last Tuesday the 12th. Standard enough really. First the nurse will ask you the usual questions on past medical history, take your height and weight, test your hearing, scan your heart via an ECG. Then you move down to the doctor who takes your blood pressure, listens to your heartbeat, then you do the eye test and colour vision test. She gives you the result at the end then. For me took exactly an hour start to finish. Mine was all ok and am starting training this Monday!

Standard enough so really. Do you already have your theory test completed and all? I still have to do my bus theory test so I guess I'll be waiting until I have that done anyway before I start once I pass the medical

I came in with a D Licence already. Although I only passed the driving test very recently so I don’t have much experience in bus driving at all aside from the lessons/test. Just finished the first week of training in Bus Eireann. Lots to take in as with any new job.

Do you have your theory test/case study test booked and all?

I’m currently studying for my theory test , going to book it soon . They told me in the interview to just get that sorted and then I’ll be on the driver training programme

• Advertisement

Flew through the medical , starting the driver training programme next month , delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 12 csn453

Did they give you any indication how long the driver training program takes.

Thanks

Got an email yesterday saying I’m good to start on the 15th while I’m waiting for my learner permit to arrive in the post , surprised tbh . 4 weeks training and then they book your full license test after the 4 weeks and once you pass that then you’re full time with them

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dar_dc

Hi Designator,

How did the first day of training go?

Anyone else any currently in the same process. Also recently passed theory test and looking into the training programme.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pwala84

So have you been approved for training before you passed your theory? Website says do not apply without lerner permit. So how did you get in?

They’ll still accept you for the interview and all without your theory test complete but as I found out when I started I was the only person that was successful in the interview without having my theory test completed , so was in a big rush to get it done before the start date after the medical . I only passed my theory a week before I started the driver training programme with them .

• Registered Users Posts: 18 LaCla

Hi guys,

I have passed my interview,my driving assesment and they told me they will call me for medical check but didn't called me 2 months now.

Is that normal?

Why they are so slow and they are again post ad for diver training program on job boards?is not fair as we studied for theory test and cps very fast to be in time for the hiring time and they are silent all the time

First time I see this kind of behaviour from such a important company..😒

Advertisement