Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Everything Pink Floyd.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Echoes675

Just heard On Nova Nick is performing at the Convention Centre next April 13th 2022

Yippeeee
    Sweet! Just bought tickets for the Ulster Hall gig. Now just to wait to next April.

Gonna play the Live at the Roundhouse Blu-Ray later tonight in anticipation

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Roger tells Mark Zuckerberg "... Fcuk You!"

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Really highlights the difference between Roger and David these days. Roger is still angry and politicised, Dave would rather sail his boat wearing his straw hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭rednik

A momentary lapse of reason getting it's own updated & remixed release on October 19th in various formats. Will go for the CD/Blu ray myself. Something to keep us going until Dave & Roger agree the Animals updated release if they ever do 🙄.

https://store.pinkfloyd.com/a-momentary-lapse-of-reason-remix?utm_source=mtemail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mtemail_744614

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Tribeshift

I love this song. It is actually the only post-Waters song by Floyd that I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Echoes675

This came out previously with the Early Years set. IMO it still sounds dated owing to the awful reverb on the drums. That said, I do enjoy a few of the songs on this in terms of the songwriting and Gilmour's guitar work but it's nowhere near my floyd top 10. I prefer the production on the Division Bell; sounds closer to the floyd sound I prefer myself.

I think it would be an interesting project to cover AMLOR but imagine it from the perspective of pre-The Wall floyd.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Really like this reaction video series. She seems very genuine and really knows her stuff vocally

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I think there's some good stuff on AMLOR; I've gone back to it more the older I've gotten and enjoyed it, it's pretty laid back adult rock but sometimes I prefer that to, say, The Narrow Way or something like that!

The remix was ok, it modernised things a bit but some of the charm of that album was the 80s sound and production.

I had a listen to the newly released "360 Reality Audio" mix, and to be honest I didn't really hear anything spectactual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The world is coming out of a pandemic and Gilmour hits us with that crap, again! Sick bastard. Evil stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭OldRio

Something of interest.... An early Christmas present....

There seems to be a number of live albums from the 1970s released onto streaming services. (Spotify) Bootlegs I would guess. The sound quality is iffy.....

Listening to Pink Floyd live in Lyon and Tokyo 1972 at the moment. Full version of DSOTM. A few tracks very different to the finished album.

I must do some digging to find out who released these live albums.

The band released them. If they didnt within 50 years they fall into public domain. Copyright protection expires after 50 so its use it or lose it. 

Thanks Nal. The early work on the DSOTM material is interesting to listen to.

I think there's a dozen or so albums to check out. Although the sound quality is suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Oh holy mother frickin' god, they have agreed, at last, to disagree, and now, finally, after years waiting, it is going to be released...

Pigs will Fly..

Animals - Remastered

Roger has something to say about it.

https://youtu.be/4C2LZ8R7TZo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,364 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

These live albums that have shown up on Spotify are apparently sh1t bootleg quality recordings I recommend you seek out John Peel's Perfumed Garden series, a set of performances at the Paris Theatre 1970/71. Personally I like the comp recording of the shows titled An Hour with Pink Floyd. The first three tracks (1970) being a complete Embryo (as opposed to the only half finished studio recording that ended up on on the Columbia records comp Works), Green is the Colour/Careful with that Axe, Eugene. (1971) One of These Days, Echoes. I love Peel's anecdotes describing Floyd's music. Worth seeking out if you can get your hands on them.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 John M00re

Can't wait for the DVD of This is not a Drill tour, I would've loved to see it live though

Animals standalone Blu-Ray disc is up for pre-order now. I have ordered several discs from this shop and found them useful and have just pre-ordered, just to note you can add around €11 for Customs when it gets into the Country. Pretty decent price considering the other Blu-Ray discs can only be bought in the Immersion sets.

https://www.thesdeshop.com/collections/spatial-audio/products/pink-floyd-animals-2018-mix-blu-ray-audio

Animals blu-ray up on Tower Records now and also other editions.

https://www.towerrecords.ie/product/_ANIMALS2018REMIX/904365

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Travelling to NY in August to see Roger Waters live in Madison Square Garden. Honestly, my underpants strap is at breaking point with the excitement!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭EdensTempleX

The Lunatic is on the Grass 😎

Rooting around tininternet and found this. One of these links should get you to a 1974 Concert.

iframe src="https://archive.org/embed/PinkFloydLiveAtWembley" width="500" height="140" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Or this

archiveorg PinkFloydLiveAtWembley width=640 height=140 frameborder=0 webkitallowfullscreen=true mozallowfullscreen=true]

The new Animals remix came out today, got the blu ray and just had a quick listen to Dogs in 5.1 and it sounds very good to my ears. Will give it a full blast on Sunday. Great to see it as a stand alone disc unlike the earlier releases.

No Dublin date for Waters

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Aladdin Sane

I travelled to see Waters 2 gigs in Madison Square Garden. They were fantastic. Already booked Birmingham next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

I'd say the 3 arena is too small for that stage show.

CPL 593H

Thought that the last time too but he managed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

He didn't have the full production in the 3 arena on the last tour.

This one is "in the round" so its not suitable for the 3.

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Aladdin Sane

I agree. Arcade Fire and Muse have played in the round at the 3Arena but their set up was not on the same scale. The weight of the rig in the centre of the venue seems to be the main concern.

Advertisement