Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Old Man - US Pace - FX - (***Spoilers***) Jeff Bridges

• 16-05-2022 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,184 ✭✭✭✭

This looks brilliant from the trailer alone.

On FX and can be streamed on Hulu.

Starts June 16th

Based on the bestselling novel by Thomas Perry, “The Old Man” centers on Dan Chase who absconded from the CIA decades ago and has been living off the grid since. When an assassin arrives and tries to take Chase out, the old operative learns that to ensure his future he now must reconcile his past. With Dan Chase flushed out of hiding, the FBI’s Assistant Director for Counterintelligence Harold Harper is called on to hunt him down because of his complicated past with the rogue fugitive. When Chase proves to be more difficult to apprehend than the authorities expected, a highly trained special ops contractor is sent to pursue him as well. While on the run, Chase rents a room from Zoe McDonald who draws on reserves she never knew she had in order to survive the day when she learns the truth about her new tenant.

Comments

Oh that does look good

• Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Supposedly coming to Disney+ in international territories as a Star Original. Either way, one to check out!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,184 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Another teaser.

I really want this to be good.

The first two epsides are brilliant.

Bridges & Lithgow are on top form as is the director by Jon Watts

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kayevajo

Two episodes in.

Cracking so far 👌

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt5645432/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

3 in and this is very good so far. Great acting/characters/staging.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭trashcan

Premise sounds a bit cliched to me. We’ve seen it done before. Jason Bourne, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Yes, I don't think it's anything like Bourne really. I'm enjoying it so far, Jeff Bridges and John Lithgow are always great to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,953 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I'm wondering whether or not there is some significance with the woman who arrived at the bus stop at the beginning of episode 3. She was Jessica Parker Kennedy, the one who plays The Flash's daughter. She appeared in a flash and then she was gone. She doesn't get a mention on IMDB for the series, and it doesn't get a mention on her own page either. Odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,182 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Great little thriller and Jeff Bridges kicking butt at 72!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,953 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I've now decided that she's a hit woman who intended to take out Julian Carson, but as he didn't get on the bus she'll save the hit for another day. I'm only thinking this because Julian survived his encounter with Jeff Bridges, and had he not survived, there would have been no reason for her being in the episode.

Renewed for a 2nd season

• Registered Users Posts: 32,803 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

No sign of this on Disney/Star.

Is it not meant to be coming?

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭Heckler

Just first watched Ep 1. That was great. Car fight was brutal. Loved the dogs. Jeffs gonna give Liam a run for his money.

He's already at the finish line waiting for Liam to finish the first lap

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭kirk.

The flashbacks are cringe

Enjoyable I think but not overly original or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 7,306 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Really enjoying this. Curious as to why the hitman was left alive, it doesn't seem to make sense on the face of it that Chase would let him live, and he's careful enough not to simply forget about him or assume Carson was dead. He'd go back to finish the job for sure.

Unless the writers simply gloss over that, which would be very disappointing.

This looks good,it will be shown here on Disney Plus possibly in August!

• Advertisement

Jeff is looking great in this after his dealing with cancer and covid over the last few years and lithgow is on great form i was not sure of the flash back story but im starting get it understand its role in the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭steve_r

Really enjoying this. They've done a great job introducing each character and giving us an insight into what's driving them. In particular, Jon Lithgow's character is quite sympathetic with his family situation - a different show would have him as a generic bad boss etc so I give them credit for rounding out the characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭Heckler

3 in. The romance happened far too quickly. Would have been more involved if that traffic stop went the other way..

However I will abide.

Great scenes this week between Lithgow and the daughter throughtout the whole episode the 3d chess being played.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

He shot him in the chest, his vest saved him, and with swat a few minutes out, no time to check...

Joel Gray does sinister so well.

The Old Man that was done nicely.

Nicely set up now for the second season with that ending.

That was too damn short a season - I want more

• Registered Users Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Excellent acting and directing. A couple of the plot points seemed a bit contrived but, overall, one of the best tv shows I have seen for ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Agree. Good tv shows are hard to come by these days and this was one of them. Great acting and directing. Roll on Season 2. I hope it has been renewed? 🤞

Advertisement