Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,519 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Depends on how much muscle mass he held onto during his time in Ukriane,

These next 8 weeks will be fully focus on sharpness ,speed & conditioning , If he lost muscle mass in his time at war he won't regain it in the next 8 weeks,

• Registered Users Posts: 19,669 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

in the shape of a lad that had spent a couple of years building up to be a heavy weight!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,025 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Well your man was obviously aware of his size before he went at him. I saw Julius Francis in person once back in the mid 2000's and he was massive. Someone there told me at the time he finished boxing and was training for MMA.

I was happy to see your man being taught a lesson. He might think twice before acting the hard man again.

I'd have a different opinion if Francis had rushed in headfirst to knock your man out but your man was coming at him and Francis just takes a step back and sets him up. So I don't think he did anything wrong here.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,584 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Well, nobody can say how he will be Aug 20 compared to Sept ‘21.

If Usyk is his usual self, we can all be sure he’ll prepare like the dedicated and consummate pro we know him to be

all this talk of muscle mass is just not identifiable or measurable to us fans.

We will have a good idea when he weighs in and you can compare how he looks on the scale to the first fight,

Very interesting fight & the out come leads to very interesting times ahead,

• Advertisement

I’d expect Usyk to be anywhere between 215 and 223. I think he was about 220 for fight 1.

I see Ruiz is to fight Ortiz in August ,

Ortiz looked like age finally caught up with him last time out against Martin, although he still won ,

Decent name to add to record if Ruiz can get the win,

Hopefully Wilder gets back in the ring soon,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Yep. Too easy a fight for Joyce at this stage he should be in with contenders

Yes, but Joe Parker really has a very worthy and valid excuse....right up there with the best a them

“But there was a problem and that is that Joe Parker can’t fight because his trainer Andy Lee’s wife has a baby due apparently on the week of the fight, so he can’t train."

i dont think the contenders fancy the juggernaut, its a high risk low reward fight.

• Advertisement

Yea i agree. So the thing to do is make him more attractive. Hammar won’t do that. Not positive who would but would he be better served heading to USA?

Joyce v Hammer later on BT. Contender for pointless step back fight ever!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Joyce just doing his normal self. I like him but he is a sitting duck for a wilder, usyk or a fury. Apart from those 3 I’d fancy him against anyone else but I don’t see him ever being a top guy.

AJ would surely beat him as well. He’s so there to be hit and to be outboxed.

Depends , ajs gas tank is no where near joes , joe would look outclassed for 5 or 6 rounds but if it goes beyond that I could see him wearing AJ down.

Wilder's one punch power would get to him, Fury and Usyk would be able to stay with his pace and stay in control.

I am not sure about AJ, probably would beat him too but I think Joyce has a good chance of tiring him down and getting to him.

I think Wilder might be the worst match to Joyce. That explosive launch he gets through. Ko from behind on the cards 5-6 rounds.

i think Joshua has a bit much for him.

fury is a schooling job and late stop.

Usyk maybe too quick but his best chance of winning. Similar chance with Joshua tbf

Fury would toy with Joe for as long as he wanted

I think Wilder and AJ, if both commit early could get an early KO

Usyk should be too fast and busy and fit

Of all, maybe AJ most suspect here, but I'd still make him 70-30 favorite

Yea if Joe gave him an easy shot fury would take it or grind him down

Wilder would commit so I’d say one nbig throw and it’s early lights out

joshua hard to say for sure all depends on how he approaches it but Christ he’s bound to fancy the job. Then again, Dubois was fancied too

usyk I think is his best chance but he’d have bruises early on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

WAR Chisora this weekend v Pulev,,,,,,,🤣

• Advertisement

What’s on the card? It will be a bit of craic anyhow

this Chisora has a better shot than the last one.

I saw mcguigan talking up a rematch between Dubois and Joyce. For me Dubois has become more confident with some easy wins but he’s no better a fighter and it would be a similar outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

The commentary on DAZN is starting to become a problem

More biased than any Americans...watching different fights

Goodish fight. Pulev didn't seem hurt at any time, he comes across to me as a feather fisted Joe Joyce- technical and tough but slow. I suppose Del Boy deserves the nod once in a while.

Didn’t see it but Chisora will barrel on I suppose. Back to a payday to likely lose. Who’s up next? Dubois? Helienus?

In fairness chisora deserved a decision at some point

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Chisora isn't the worst, but chatter about him fighting Wilder is insanity and should not be entertained.

If he wants decent money fights that will generate interest then maybe fight Whyte or Pulev again.

Tony spot on below.

https://twitter.com/DevSahni_/status/1545901169838530563?cxt=HHwWhoCx4Yy7kvQqAAAA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Ah it wasnt half as close as the DAZN commentators were pretending and then even they were surprised

Will probably start watch DAZN on silent

First judge was about right

Del Boy doesnt deserve a decision every now and then just because he gets there. He absolutely destroys the rhythm of the fight and in the case Pulev did more than enough

Jesus Haye is unbearable

Haye is Terrible, I agree. I think he gave Del every round!

I wasn't scoring round by round but I think you could easily score it 8-4 for either man, most of the rounds came down to what you like so Del getting a rare tight decision sits fine with me. Pulev is 41 and was never great so he should really retire.

• Advertisement

I’ve come to that conclusion myself. A very ok performance against Wlad is about the only thing to stand up.

haye is good for nothin.

Chisora should get out now he’s had some bad brutal fights and there’s nothing for him with the top 4/5. Getting to share a ring with Usyk and hold his own is a high

Advertisement