Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Consumer Unit

• 03-07-2022 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Looking to do a self install but problem is access to indoor consumer unit. The consumer unit is located inside behind a small ceiling bulkhead. The unit is all visible but difficult to work on. I have a 20 amp 6mm square cable coming from the garage it is used for charging a robomower and lights so not much current draw. I plan on installing a 6 kw ground mount not looking for grant as I am being quoted €1850 for a ground mount by a SEAI reg installer. I have a wall where I can install the panels using Unistrut and buy the kit and it is working out a lot cheaper. Don't mind doing the installation myself.

Hopefully I can get a RECi reg eletrican to connect the invertor and sign off on the FIT paper work for Electric Ireland.

Is it possible to locate all the kit in the garage and use the existing cable.?

If it is not possible to use the existing cable can a sub consumer unit be fitted outside close to the meter cabinet.

Located in Wexford

An info or photos of work required in the consumer unit would be greatly appreciated

First post thanks for reading

Comments

Advertisement