Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

That's normal where I am! Head bangers!

In the leaba now. Belly full and eyes are movie contented. Snooze time incoming.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

The awkward moments for the night stalker variant of operative

• Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

😂😂

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

You didn't tell me what time to have it ready for! 🤨

😂😂😂

• Advertisement

I am no mystic feckin meg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Sorta accidental boyfriend took me on our first date last night. We have been seeing each other since November and apart from when we met for a coffee the first time we met, we have never gone anywhere together.

We went to the castle overlooking the city for some drinks and to watch the fireworks down in the bay. T'was lovely.

But it confirmed to me that he is not what I want outside the bedroom. He is too serious and boring. Not at all what this mad hatter wants. Oh well. Will enjoy the other activities for now. 😊

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Working away in the home office with a cup of tea in hand.

OH had flu-like symptoms last night and a high temp so gave him a Covid antigen test - positive, alas! 🤧☹️🤕🤒😷

My test was negative. He is self-isolating in our room and is okay apart from bad head cold symptoms. No breathing issues thankfully.

But this means that the planned few days away down the country to celebrate his birthday later this week have to be scrapped. 😢 Covid numbers are rapidly increasing again.

Really sick of this never-ending pandemic!

JK that's a pity, I'm back wearing a mask on public transport etc.

On the way to work, schools are out, roadworks are in..

Another of those days i can't the temperature right, is it me or the room??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,819 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Not just you Grem.

In bed , The Art Of Incarceration on Netflix here .

Roll on the weather picking up over the next few days 🌤️☀️

Oh that's on my watch list, let me know what you think. I was watching a NASCAR documentary about Darrell Wallace, enjoyed it..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,819 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Just finished watching it , I think you'll like it. .must put your one on the watchlist.

The Marilyn Monroe Tapes starting here now .

Nice one, might go to that next so.. Tunes at work for the night, no concentration for talk..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

After watching my favourite film, again. Don't know why I love it so much but it's a real feelgood movie.

Listening to a few bits about the "pivot to Asia" thing. Mad interesting if that's your cup of tea. Was just following up from WWII stuff i had been exploring.

I think i might need some cartoons now.

Deskside in the home office working away and keeping an eye on the Covid invalid (my OH!!) - at least I have my weekly Zoom yoga class to look forward to this evening!

Had forgotten about my psych appointment when I posted earlier, mind all exploded now. Now to sleep? 🤔

Did you ever have one of those days where if anyone looks at you, you want to kill them , This damn page keeps jumping up to the top again 🤬🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Watching The Alpinist , again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,990 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Evening all. I'm back after a long weekend in sunny South East England visiting friends. Spent the time driving from picturesque village to village stopping in cute pubs for lunches or coffee.

One thing I noticed. Dogs are a big part of British life. Every pub/cafe welcomes doggies and even has water bowls and snacks for them.

I was really impressed watching the owners picking up after their doggies bowel explosions too, there was no doggie waste on any street to be seen.

Today, I was in a Centra here and was contemplating buying a recliner they have on offer. I've been thinking about it for a while and when I saw it was on offer, I said I'd seriously consider it.

So with my teenager, I went in and sat into it to test the recline on it to see if it was what I want. Cue a woman cashier about 55 rushing over to tell me that I can't sit on it unless I want to buy it.

I got very defensive and said I am planning on buying it, just wanted to see if it was right for me.

She immediately backed down and said sorry she thought that I was a young one!

Someone else might take this as a compliment but I get very defensive about my age because people often assume I'm younger (I'm over 40). I just feel sometimes people don't take me seriously.

So I snapped at her telling her my age followed by the words Jesus wept 🙉

She went away mortified telling a really young cashier that she had made a fool of herself.

I left without buying it , didn't recline as much as I wanted anyway but I just wantedout asap. Young cashier looked at me really sympathetically.

I guess I need to be less sensitive about my Peter Pan face 😆

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Don’t worry about it. I’ve been greying since I was 17, salt and pepper to start and now totally white. Anyways went into woodies one day last year to buy a lot of diy stuff,masks still compulsory twas only when I got home and looked at receipt I realised the lovely young cashier had given me the OAP discount 😂😂😂😂😂 not bad for 45 back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,990 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I know, I should be grateful. But I was with my teenager and was wondering did she think I was his girlfriend and not his mam 🤔 😆

To thine own self be true

War documentary watching. Again. It's interesting and devastating at the same time

Deskside, home office, working away but being easily distracted by having some internet tabs open and surfing away...😁

Off swimming later this afternoon. My OH and I managed to reschedule our postponed few days away for his birthday that we had to postpone when he tested positive for Covid on Sunday. Happy days!

He's fine, thankfully - head cold symptoms, feeling drained and largely confined to the bedroom for much of this week. I'm playing Florence Nightingale. 🤧😷🤒👨‍⚕️

With matching nurse uniform I presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

That happened to me twice when I was out with my youngest son! Once in a pub and later in the night in the taxi office I was asked if he was my boyfriend. He was only 19 at the time and I was in my 40s. 🤣

Sitting listening to the best comedy show ever. It's based in the UK parliament and some lad called Borris is being roasted. Tis great craic altogether. I should be writing an article about fly-eating plants but can't find the mojo somehow. Going to go out and get some ice cream and a few groceries and then hopefully my writer's magic will return.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@JupiterKid hope the OH gets well soon. I am curious about present rules in Ireland, as you are a close contact, are you supposed to stay isolated? Or are the rules only for those with positive results ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I can sympathise Purple. All my life I've looked much younger than I am. It can be really annoying when people don't take you seriously. Once you turn 50 it goes from a curse to a blessing, though 😉.

When I was 18 I got carded outside a Hothouse Flowers gig. I was the oldest of my friendship group and as I was , actually, 18, I was the only one without id, because I felt I didn't need it because I was an adult and was affronted at the thought(this was back in the late 80s when it wasn't compulsory to check id- basically, the bouncer asked your age, may or may not ask for some form of id but ultimately it was up to him). Everyone else had made themselves up really heavily and had their fake id's. Guess who was the only one of the gang to not be left in? And the feckers left me outside too! This highly sophisticated adult walked home, alone in the rain, bawling like a baby.

When I was first a mature student in my 30s, being keen to finally experience all aspects of being a full time student, I headed off for a night out at the SU with some bona fida young wans and got carded at the door! Que a very red faced doorman when I showed him my card and asked him to work out my age from my date of birth. Was pretty chuffed, though.

No chance of that happening these days but I still manage to pass for under 50. I don't get talked down to as much, though, that's for sure, which is just as well because I may not look like it but I'm very much a no nonsense, tell it as I find it, old bird and God help you if you try any BS on with me.

Armchair side, listening to Grumpy snore. He's home from the Day Centre about an hour now and these days he's like an anti-christ when he gets back from there. It's a case of settle him down, give him his sedation and step away to let him sleep it off. So far, no outbursts.....fingers crossed

• Advertisement

My only comparable story is getting a school child bus fare in my early thirties, white shirt, black trousers and Dennis the menace flair must have done it..

Advertisement