Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long termers TTC

1109110111112113115»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,175 ✭✭✭✭fits

Aww there’s a tear in the eye as I’ve followed your struggles from afar. Congratulations and welcome to the world little one.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Ah that is wonderful bilbot, many congratulations to you and Mrs Bilbot. That is genuinely lovely news. I'm not sure if I have ever posted in this thread/forum but I have read it a lot and have seen your previous struggles when you postedf so I couldn't pass it by without saying congrats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

So pleased for you Bilbot. Enjoy the 4th trimester together x

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

bilbot79 wrote: »

Mr and Mrs Bilbot brought a beautiful little daughter into the world yesterday and as I cried like no man should I remembered all the horrific experiences we went through and how I was always coming back to this thread looking for support.

Wishing the best for all of you on this tough, tough road.

So delighted for you both. :) The early days are so wonderful, enjoy cocooning with your new bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Bilbot I'm so delighted for you both, enjoy the teeny baby cuddles. Ah that's the best news

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Congratulations Bilbot.Lovely news!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,901 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Congratulations bilbot, enjoy every minute with your wonderful daughter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Oh that is just magical news to read. Congratulations to you both on your little miracle. At last you can breathe that big sigh of relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

bilbot79 wrote: »
    Good luck Lashes. Like Covid, this process is unforgiving and indiscriminate. For all you do you still rely on luck to get you over the line.

Best of luck in this cycle

Mr and Mrs Bilbot brought a beautiful little daughter into the world yesterday and as I cried like no man should I remembered all the horrific experiences we went through and how I was always coming back to this thread looking for support.

Wishing the best for all of you on this tough, tough road.

That's just brilliant - I am thrilled to hear it. I wish ye all the happiness in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Tinkerbell 03

Hi Gals, hope ye are all well xxx

I am back! Happier and stronger after years of trying to concieve...with ex husband who couldn't have children, blamed me and left!

I have finally decided Anyways to try donor sperm IUI. I went to a clinic, really nice consultant, went away and picked donor, just got message backing saying donor is available with MOT17 or MOT18 not the standard rate of MOT20 of the sperm bank but it meets the standard of their clinic, what did ye reckon? Any help much appreciated...

Tinker bell xxx

Me again! 19 months later! Did 2nd IUI with donor sperm it failed Feb 2020. COVID hit world turned upside down for us all...what a year eh! Bonus for me I met a guy who I love, never thought that would happen again after ex husbands behaviour, painful experience to get over...And now myself and my boyfriend are thinking of IVF. Its been such a roller coaster journey you wouldn't read it in a novel, you couldnt write this stuff eh! Am turning 44, doc says slim chance. Reckon it will be last time I try!

I hope you're all well girls xxx

• Advertisement

Best of luck tinkberbell, you never know, you can only try.

We have 3 rounds done this time of OI and no go. Have to wait a few weeks after my second vaccine before we can do IUI so that will be mid to late August. Feel like I'm flogging a dead horse but sure we'll give it another go and see.

lashes34 wrote: »
    Best of luck tinkberbell, you never know, you can only try.

We have 3 rounds done this time of OI and no go. Have to wait a few weeks after my second vaccine before we can do IUI so that will be mid to late August. Feel like I'm flogging a dead horse but sure we'll give it another go and see.

Thanks so much for the reply Lashes. I hear you, I feel the exact same, I just retraced my journey lately and its being 15 years between boyfriends/ex husbands and break ups etc I am chasing this dream now...if we do go this will definitely be the last time, its too exhausting.

Sorry to hear of your 3 no go, I really am. Sending you good vibes for August.

xxx

Sorry to hear of your 3 no go, I really am. Sending you good vibes for August.

xxx

Thanks and best of luck to you. Delighted you met a good one after your last relationship

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Me again! 19 months later! Did 2nd IUI with donor sperm it failed Feb 2020. COVID hit world turned upside down for us all...what a year eh! Bonus for me I met a guy who I love, never thought that would happen again after ex husbands behaviour, painful experience to get over...And now myself and my boyfriend are thinking of IVF. Its been such a roller coaster journey you wouldn't read it in a novel, you couldnt write this stuff eh! Am turning 44, doc says slim chance. Reckon it will be last time I try!

I hope you're all well girls xxx

The very best of luck. I really hope it works for you this time round. I am also 44 and after a successful IUI in 2015, and a baby boy in 2016 (who turns 5 in 2 days! :eek:) I am desperate to have another one. We have been TTC but its not happening again, so may have go to back to clinic, which I was really hoping wouldn't happen, but may not have a choice. I don't have the time to keep TTC the old fashioned way if its not happening! I remember thinking I was getting too old at 39 when we were trying for our first, and now I'm in panic mode!
    I have been doing fertility reflexology and fertility massage in the last few weeks, so fingers crossed that might help!

Keep us updated!

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    The very best of luck. I really hope it works for you this time round. I am also 44 and after a successful IUI in 2015, and a baby boy in 2016 (who turns 5 in 2 days! :eek:) I am desperate to have another one. We have been TTC but its not happening again, so may have go to back to clinic, which I was really hoping wouldn't happen, but may not have a choice. I don't have the time to keep TTC the old fashioned way if its not happening! I remember thinking I was getting too old at 39 when we were trying for our first, and now I'm in panic mode!
    I have been doing fertility reflexology and fertility massage in the last few weeks, so fingers crossed that might help!

Keep us updated!

Thanks for your kind message of support. Wow 5 bless, fingers crossed for a 2nd wee bundle. I felt old too in my late 30's! Hopefully with the reflexology and massages it may help. It's tough going to meet doctors to discuss treatment plan etc I keep thinking if only I could be content with my childless life then maybe I could finally rest but as I have said this is defo the last hurdle and what will be will be eh...

Will of course keep ye updated...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I finally got a consultation with the fertility clinic that we went with for our first baby. I had my bloods done and spoke with the doctor today. Not great news as my AMH is quite low, but as I have been told this before (more than 7 years ago), I'm not overly worried about it. I was told its 1.86, which is not great, but I am nearly 45 so its to be expected too. She has said she just wants to get back my husbands semen analysis next week and she needs me to do a day 21 blood test to check my progesterone levels. They were also low before I was pregnant 6 years ago, so again I'm not overly concerned about it. She will get us both back in again in a few weeks to discuss further. She mentioned egg donation, and to think about it, but I honestly don't think its something I want to do. its not really a road I want to go down. I asked her if it would be possible to try IUI again, and she said its up to us, and that it would only be about a 10/11% chance.....she told me 12% 6 years ago and it worked first time! So I'm not too disheartened and I am thinking about trying it again anyway.

She did say the one concern she would have is the high chance of having a baby with downs or any other sort of issues. But there's always going to be that risk, no matter the age of a woman. I can't let it put me off trying again. I have been doing reflexology and fertility massage for a few months now, and it seems to be going well. Any issues that the therapist brought up appear to be gone. It can only help so I will keep doing it. I'm praying for a miracle and it happens naturally in the meantime!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Denise2007

Hi,

How are you getting on ? Am going for another transfer in a couple of months and going to start reflexology again. I did acupuncture for earlier transfers but hated it. My only successful transfer was when doing reflexology.

X

Following our consultation at the end of last year and being advised to do egg donation, I pretty much decided I can't go down that road. Apart from the financial aspect of it all, which we can't afford, I am I have to start to come to terms with the fact it may not happen again and that at 45 I may just have to leave it be. We have a beautiful almost 6 year old and I am so grateful for him. I am very sad about it all and eventhough we have tried naturally since, its not happening. I have been doing fertility reflexology for a year and half, but taking a break from it now as I just feel I'm throwing money away. I started counselling too as I am finding hard to accept things are the way they are. It is helping, but I'm still really sad about it all.

I hope things go really well for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Denise2007

Hi Ciarrai76,

I am so sorry you are feeling this way and think counselling is definitely the best thing you could do.

Will send you a PM.

X

• Registered Users Posts: 19 xeniane

Hi Ciarrai76,

I am so sorry you are going through this. IVF DE is not so easy to accept, and not all women decide to undergo the treatment, that also is fine. One of the most important things is to feel okay with ANY decision of yours. However, if you decide to go IVF DE route you might want to have a look as clinics abroad, particulary Spain, Czech Rep, Cyprus, or Poland. Their prices are much affordable while clinics get great success rates. Good luck on your journey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 xeniane

I came across the guide with costs as I couldn't edit my post, decided to share here: https://www.fertilityclinicsabroad.com/ivf-costs/ivf-costs-complete-guide/ Hope this helps.

Advertisement