Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show Off-Topic Summer Thread 2022

• 08-06-2022 9:25pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Surprised no one has started one of these threads yet, anyway not sure what else to say, the football was sh1te tonight.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

World Cup should have been starting today

Stupid corrupt FIFA 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 80,795 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

I see tonight is week 3 of the Best Of TLLS, another 5 more weeks worth they will get out of it, pure criminal they get away with it for prime time tv on a Friday night. They also repeat it on Monday nights. Wonder does Tubs get additional payments for the repeat showings of the repeats.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Saw this a few minutes ago, Mother of Christ 😳

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭StevenToast

I hereby formally request that the Late Late Show be cancelled for this....

I am so offended and outraged....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 71,254 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

EXTENSIVE GLASTONBURY COVERAGE ACROSS THE WEEKEND!!

FRIDAY

BBC2 

9pm - Various: Wet Leg, Wolf Alice, TLC 

10pm - Billie Eilish

BBC3 

7pm - Griff and Sigrid 

10.30pm - Little Simz 

12.00am - Sam Fender and Blossoms

BBC4 

8pm - Crowded House 

8.30pm - Robert Plant and Alison Krause 

9.30pm - Arlo Parks and Idles

SATURDAY

BBC1 

7pm - Olivia Rodrigo 

10.30pm - Paul McMopTop

BBC2 

5pm - Various: Joy Crookes, Self-Esteem, Skunk Anansie 

8pm - Various: HAIM, Leon Bridges, The Avalanches 

9pm - Noel Gallagher's Turds 

12.30pm - Various: Jessie Ware, Jamie T, Roisin Murphy, Bob Vylan

BBC3 

8pm - Holly Humberstone and Glass Animals 

9.30pm - AJ Tracey and Pa Salieu

10.30pm - Yungblud and Burna Boy 

11.30pm - Megan Thee Stallion

BBC4 

7pm - Celeste

SUNDAY

BBC1 

6.45pm - Legends Slot: Diana Ross

BBC2 

5pm - Various: Lianne La Havas, Herbie Hancock, Declan McKenna, Fontaines DC

8pm - Various: Lorde, Years and Years, Elbow

9.30pm - Kendrick Lamar

BBC3 

7pm - Declan McKenna and Koffee

BBC4 

8pm - Kacey Musgraves

9pm - Angelique Kidjo and JARV IS

10pm - Pet Shop Boys

And as an aside, Go_A are playing the John Peel Stage on Saturday morning!

They might not be shown on TV, so I’ll just leave this here… :)

• Advertisement

Certain boardsies may remember the time we pulled an all-nighter after the LLS one night to watch Sir Paul McMopFab perform live at Grand Central Station in New York on YouTube.

Well, he’s back!

*double Macca thumbs-up*

Live at Glastonbury, tomorrow night on BBC One at 10.30pm!

BRING ON McMOPTOP!!

Don't have any foreign channels, just Saorview, reading the other thread sounds like it was a brilliant show, must keep an eye out for it on Youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Big article in the new issue of Ireland's Own to mark the 60th birthday of the Late Late Show. Tellingly it concentrates on the GB era with PK and Tubs shoehorned into the last paragraph as an afterthought.

RTE are showing the Women's Euros from next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭StevenToast

I would rather watch womens inter county table tennis than tubridys LLS

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

Highlights of this year’s Download Festival, followed by - shudder - Metallica S&M2 on Sky Arts!

UP FOR THE MATCH IS BACK THIS YEAR!!!

More Download highlights on Sky Arts tonight, or highlights from this year’s Wireless Festival on BBC Three.

Saw a bit of the Italy France game at the Women's Euros, the commentary on RTE were talking one of the Italian players being gifted dolls as a child, she'd behead them and use their heads as a football 😁

England 8-0 up on Norway 😲

Knowing them they'll be calm and rational and definitely won't lose the run of themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭WJL

Seems to be some build up for the Ladies All-Ireland Finals on TG4 now, definitely not as wince inducing as Up For The Match.

Cryndod.

Which is Welsh for ‘shudder’.

• Advertisement

No Sunday Game on tonight, feels strange.

That and the World Cup being moved to Christmas time has me feeling a bit discombobulated this Summer.

I,Tonya is on though, good film.

‘Mrs. Brown’s Boys D’Movie’ on RTE One tomorrow night.

Did they really have to drag Frank Kelly and Jon Kenny into that atrocity 😕

Nearly forgot the Rose of Tralee was on this week, surprised there is no thread in this forum for it, used to have a big fast moving thread, now nothing, to paraphrase a former RTE soccer pundit 'The site's dying Bill'

• Registered Users Posts: 80,795 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

‘Creed II’ on RTE One on Saturday night.

It was bad enough they made one film about Scott Stapp’s band, but a second?!

(One for the ‘heads’ there).

Has Ryan given his annual ‘I was off my game last season, but I’m geared up this time‘ statement yet?

Just noticing there's a Virgin Media 4 channel now, and it's showing The Chase, in case you missed the 12 other times they show it every day on their other channels.

• Advertisement

‘Rocky IV’ on ITV4 right now.

Very pro-American, hard to tell.

Advertisement