Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Davy05

When I heard Luchasaurus' new theme I honestly thought Christian was introducing Kane.. now that would have been one hell of a heel turn ha

• Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I was in one yesterday, but all they had was an Anna Jay figure, and no WWE ones 😭

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Kane does stand alongside Christians in fairness so it's an easy mistake to make haha

AEW not having much luck at present, besides the injuries, they also have talent out with Covid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Don't care if Jane is Cassidy's "official" indie theme, Where is my Mind is an infinitely better theme.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Did something happen with Jericho or Kingston when they got up top as it seemed they just stopped and waited for Sammy to come up and do something.

Again they did the same thing they did last time where once the guys went up top, they completely forgot there was still a match happening down below.

Personality wise, Claudio doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of BCC. Seems more jovial and willing to play to the crowd.

Have to say, Danhausen's size is deceptive. Seeing him on tv, you wouldn't think he's 6'7" and over 300lbs. Is Hook injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Some crimson mask on Angelo, Blood and Guts definitely lived up to it's name. Just another very enjoyable episode of Dynamite from AEW.

Delighted to see the pro wrestlers beat the sports entertainers of course, as they should.

Nice to see OC get his proper theme back too.

Rampage looks tasty, Bishamon/Bucks should be great.

Hope it's a permanent change and JR only calls the main events now on Dynamite moving forward . I think I read that at the PPV on Sunday he only called the 2nd half of the show which is a great idea because I've complained in the past about him getting tired and cranky around half way through the 4 hour PPVs and it's really annoying.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Christian revealing luchasauras was very well done. His promos have been killing it lately as well. Such a great heel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'd like Luchasaurus to ditch the mask. He's a good looking guy under it. A bit wánk in the ring but he looks the part.

Plus having an angry dinosaur being the henchman for a guy mocking dead family members feels out of place. There's a chance to evolve him.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I did like how his mask and gear is black now. I guess that’s somewhat of an evolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Looks like JR might be the new voice of Rampage.

He will do the second hour of Dynamite and then continue into the taped Rampage.

Her and Asuka would be top of my list of women signings from WWE but the report does go on to say that she will probably go home to Japan if she doesn't re-sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I do like both songs but I don't think either are especially suitable for an entrance theme where you want to grab people's attention from the start of the music. Of the two I agree that WIMY is probably better.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I'm guessing santana is legit injured?

There is talk Santana has fallen out Ortiz and will leave once is contract is up.

Sean Ross Sapp has hinted at it sayinng they haven't been close for a while and they haven't had a tag match since the start of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭ThePott

It's a shame P and P never won the big one if that is the case. It feels sometimes like there's so many great tag teams in AEW but only a few ever get the spotlight. Think Santana and Ortiz sort of need each other tbh, I think they're better together than apart.

As for Rampage. The Royal Rampage was awesome, should be a yearly post-Blood and Guts fixture. As a concept it's a bit convoluted but still straight forward enough and different enough to feel fresh. Am delighted Brody King won as Darby felt like the obvious winner and it's nice that they're showing anyone can win a rumble and be in with a chance, even if Brody doesn't have a chance in hell of winning the belt obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

One thing that looked weird with the Royal Rampage was when the guys in the Blue ring ran down then it looked like they suddenly remembered they have to go to the other ring which stopped the momentum. I kept expecting them to go through the red ring to get to the blue.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭ThePott

First defence of the All-Atlantic title is going to be on a RevPro show Sunday week.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

B&G was something else. Sad Santana has picked up a knock, I wonder if Eddie picked something up too based on what he was saying to Claudio on top of the cage - but Eddie is almost always working, so who can rule anything out? :) It'd be a shame if P&P break up, but this is life and I'd rather see the 2 lads happy than "staying together for the kids" and having really awful break-up.

Rampage Royale was cool and as said above, I hope they keep it for post B&G in future.

Will be heading over for All In and Grand Slam at Arthur Ashe in September.

Arthur Ashe last year was one of the best live events I was ever at it would be in my top 5 and that includes two Wrestle Kingdoms and a few Manias

Will be in NYC at the same time Grand Slam is on so I might try and get tickets when they go on sale.

I was thinking isn't it amazing how AEW have dealt with out one of best wrestlers in the world in Omega but I fecking miss him so much at this stage :/

The All Atlantic Championship will be a traveling Championship.

Pac is not just defending the title at RevPro he will be defending it in Dublin at OTT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Everyone needs to see Daddy Magic's promo from the Road to Rochester show. This needs to be on Dynamite.

https://twitter.com/WeeklyReplay/status/1544452662036504578?

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Officer999

He did a brilliant one too after All Out.

Reminds of the Joker on these promos. Love it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Great stuff from Daddy Magic, he's one of the best talkers around.

Was catching up on Elevation and Dark, the debut on Dynamite was a dud of course but the oul big man Singh didn't look too bad in ring. Definitely a few steps above Great Khali levels of awfulness, the spinning Razors Edge finish looked good!

Advertisement