Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport security waiting times

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭VG31

Upgrading to business class is the only way. It's not really worth it unless you can get a cheap upgrade. I've heard of upgrade offers for as low as €30 for DUB-LHR.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Anyone any hassle with bags not arriving at the destination ? Particularly if Evening Before Check-in used.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭asdfg87

I go through the scanners all the time wearing boots, don't walk too quickly through the scanner as this triggers it. I fling everything in everywhere and hardly ever get stopped. A few times i forgot to take the little plastic bag out and was never questioned on this. I find it all pretty straightforward. It seems Dublin does not enough securit belts or it may be the staff not up to speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

One of my kids has Ryanair flight at 6.30 tomorrow morning what's the best time to arrive? I'm thinking between 2.30 and 3am. Is it worth paying for fast track? Anyone's experiences of flying at this time during the last two weeks mid-week greatly appreciated

I went midweek to Spain for a few days recently enough and the fast track line wasn’t much shorter than the normal queue. But if it gives peace of mind and isn’t bonkers money, it’s worth it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭bikeman1

Allow 60 minutes to clear security. I was 45 minutes last week. Looked horrendous, but moved swiftly. If no bag drop, I would be there myself at 04:15. Cleared through by 05:15 and then 1 hour 15 to get to the gate and grab a drink or food. 02:30 is very early imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

for an 8.15am flight, hand baggage only, should 6.30 be ok ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Which day of the week? It's tighter than I'd risk currently and it's probably not enough on weekends

It's a Thursday. Was thinking by 6.30 everyone from first wave would be gone through....and it's T1 so none of the US flights.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

They should be but that's not guaranteed. It's also the quietest day of the week, marginally, these days. I'd still give it a little longer myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭bikeman1

I’d be hitting the start of that security queue no later than 06:15. Allow time for the longer walk from the new T1 drop off area and the requirement to do the snaking queue structure to get into the terminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,199 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

That's very early.

Flew at 6.30 last Monday. Arrived just after 3.30 I think it was, bus over from the car park, walk then to T1 from T2. 45 mins then to clear security. Sat having breakfast by 4.45.

Nope not worth fast track, doesn't open till 4am anyway in T1.

Its nowhere near as bad as a few weeks ago. Have flown in wave 1 twice now in the last 2 weeks and it was 30 mins & 45 mins(still not pre covid but not the 1.5hrs of a few weeks back). The times shown on the website were pretty much spot on for me.

Max this morning was 25 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭Caranica

I did T1 for a 6.30 flight 10 days ago. Fast track was open when we arrived in the terminal at 3.45. Fast track was under 30 minutes, main line said 50 minutes but took at least 70 as I watched the time for that line go up and up every time it turned a corner in the fast track queue

• Registered Users Posts: 15,199 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Shutters were down on it until 4am when I was going through anyway.

DAA lads were all saying a 4am opening (as thats when more security lanes open in T1), people were queuing and just waiting there while the normal queue was busy but moving along all the time.

45 mins on the app and 45 minutes it was. No issues with the time shown both times I was through in the last 2 weeks, all went pretty well & no random swab for the first time I can remember in ages on both journeys which was surprising, nearly always had the bag pulled to the side or a random swab when walking through.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Feeder

Family of four flying Saturday with TUI from T1, plan is to check in online today and then when we get to the airport use the self service bag check if this is possible with TUI? Is there a separate queue then if you are already checked in online with boarding pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

If you're flying with TUI, I would check that your flight is actually going ahead first.

They've been having terrible problems the last few weeks.

Oh yeah, thats the first thing to check before we leave the house 👍

The flight for our destination has gone ahead so far but has had delays so have the family warned about potential delay. I'm staying positive on that front so trying to get through the check in process as painlessly as possible so if theres no need to queue for desk check in then thats one less thing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

We flew with TUI on Monday to Bulgaria. Still here now for a wk. Was flight at 15.25 on Mon. Got dropped at airport for 11.30 with family and was a q outside to get into terminal, took 5 mins to get into airport. Checking baggage in took about 45 mins there to do that. Security was about 5 mins to get through, no q there at all. Longest q was nearly for Burger King. Took 10 mins in q to get into BK then 5 mins to get order in, then 35 mins to get food after order, then 10 mins q to get drink. We got on flight grand but delayed an hr as pilot said they were waiting for flight plan clearance across Europe or something like that the captain said.

Sounds relatively stright forward so, hope ye are enjoying the holiday !!! I've checked in now online so will se if I cna use the self service bag drop when I get there on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Yes was straight forward on Monday so hopefully will be the same for yourself and your off super fast. Thanks yeah great holiday, except getting burned on 1st day, ha but I never learn in regards to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Gorteen

Flew form Dublin early Monday morning (6.20 am flight). Security took 15 minutes, queue for coffee took 20 minutes. Does this require a new discussion????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Flying at 6.30 tomorrow with Ryanair to Edinburgh, what sort of time to be in the airport on a Saturday and is the security longer on the weekend, one of the kids has back trouble and standing kills her. Thanks for any advice

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

This weekend is going to be the busiest so far according to the radio, so go with at least the airlines guidance to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

No. That was a Monday morning (and Primary schools aren't even off yet as-well-as Leaving/Junior Certs probably still ongoing at that time). That's completely standard with less travelling.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

For anyone interested. Terminal 1 at 6:30am this morning. 12 minutes to queue to get in terminal for bag drop. No queue for those already checked in with no bags.

Fast travel security took 15 minutes from start to finish. The regular security line said 35 minutes but it looked longer than that.

Once inside there was no queue for Ryanair bag drop but the queues for other airlines were massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭trellheim

Yes Ryanair automated bag drop is working very well, all other airlines seem to be having massive staffing issues at check-in desks which is not a surprise !

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Lifelike

Anyone know roughly how long the queue tends to be for Aer Lingus bag drop these days at around 6:30-7:30am? Is it necessary to leave an extra hour for checking in a bag?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Dunno. I always purchase it via Ryanair. (Same price and none of that “specify your arrival time” nonsense.

• Advertisement

Advertisement